autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: For those that are interested.

This forum has been quite helpful to me, and I am sure others. I also like to think I’ve contributed by sharing some of my automotive experience as well and I’ve enjoyed the various conversations and banter.

So, why would anyone want to drive away half (for arguments sake) of the folks out there, simply because they don’t agree with your politics? On a detailing forum, no one should know any of our political or conspiracy beliefs (unless shared in private).

And yes, it’s easy to say its in the off-topic section, don’t like it, don’t read it… but that totally misses the point. You’ll never know the information missed from the folks that either leave, or don’t sign up in the first place because of nonsense like this.

An echo chamber is never fun, or informative. We’ve already seen what happens when someone disagrees… Comments. Insults. Mocking gifs. Attempts at canceling (only in one direction, of course).

Not very inviting, or interesting.
    1969 460 Mach-1 / 1973 GS Stage-1 / 2000 Lexus GS400 / 2004 V-Rod / 2018 Outback 3.6R

2. Dislikes noorth disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

All i am going to say is, nothing said in this thread has broken ANY laws. It is all free speech, to which a right we all have. I dont agree with everything said, but that does not mean that i will try to shush everyone elses right to free speach.

This has been basically up to this point an exchange of thoughts and ideas, and to some the same, and others differing opinions on the topics brought up. Folks can choose to chime in or just read and leave their thoughts be unheard. Thats up to them.

Although i may not agree, i do respect everyones choice or opinion. An exchange of ideas like grown adults should be how this continues.

I have enjoyed the comments from all. Its nice to learn how others interpret things. Its how humans grow their brain.
    Cheers.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

4. Likes PaulMys, chilly, dlc95, Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bbmach View Post
    And yes, it’s easy to say its in the off-topic section, don’t like it, don’t read it… but that totally misses the point.
    How so?
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

6. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    How so?
    This type of polarizing talk keeps people away. Forums benefit from greater participation, not less.
    If someone has detailing knowledge and experience to offer and share, does it matter what they personally believe?
    1969 460 Mach-1 / 1973 GS Stage-1 / 2000 Lexus GS400 / 2004 V-Rod / 2018 Outback 3.6R

8. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This type of polarizing talk keeps people away. Forums benefit from greater participation, not less.
    If someone has detailing knowledge and experience to offer and share, does it matter what they personally believe?
    But this conversation isn't in any detailing thread.

10. Likes opie, dlc95, Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Understood. But this is a detailing forum, and it's polarizing. We know it's already chased at least one person away.
    Is this discussion more important that sharing detailing knowledge?

12. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Paul is right..this is not in a detailing thread. And also to point out, there are quite a bit of folks on here that i do no see eye to eye with on some topics that where in an old covid thread. We spoke our differences made honest attempts to see their point of view. Point of the story is...i would not hesitate once to ask those same folks about their opinion on anything detailing simply because we differ in opinions on non detailing topics.

I respect those folks either way, and value the opinions.

14. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Understood. But this is a detailing forum, and it's polarizing. We know it's already chased at least one person away.
    In my opinion, both are equally important.

Free Speech at any cost. No matter the venue.

If some are "driven away" by Free Speech, then they are people who's opinion/knowledge I am not interested in reading anyway.

16. Likes opie, chilly, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That person made their choice all on thier own.

This thread at its core was sharing information about a topic or two that is being suppressed by big tech, gov, and the msm. Also the silencing of free speach. In a way this thread could be more important for some. They may seek the truth but not know where to find it, or that certain wrongs are being done to our citizens.

One could say that this is indeed way more important than detailing. But to each their own

If you dont have free speach, then you dont have this forum good sir.

18. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Paul is right..this is not in a detailing thread. And also to point out, there are quite a bit of folks on here that i do no see eye to eye with on some topics that where in an old covid thread. We spoke our differences made honest attempts to see their point of view. Point of the story is...i would not hesitate once to ask those same folks about their opinion on anything detailing simply because we differ in opinions on non detailing topics.

I respect those folks either way, and value the opinions.

:-)

Maybe that's one of the reasons it's been so quiet around here lately. It's much quieter than when I first landed here a year or so ago. I do not for one second believe you're not being genuine, and I feel the same way about the other posters in this thread. But not everybody thinks, or feels the same way. I don't understand why, with the whole big wwinterwebs, it's that important to discuss this here, too, knowing people will either agree, or will disappear. There is a time and a place for everything.

20. Likes opie liked this post
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast