autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Products you're interested in trying.

The Feynlab Ceramic Lite looks very good. Read nothing but positive things about it. As easy to apply as Can Coat, but arguably more durable.

The 3D coating has mixed reviews.

I have no issues at all with Can Coat as its performing very well at 6 months with great beading. I thought about staying with it though and not using a anything else.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Products you're interested in trying.

I'd say use up your Can Coat as it will go bad after a while. Once that's used up, then consider trying others if you're still looking.

I kinda wish they made a smaller bottle of Can Coat. That's too much for a person caring for a single car, for example, and it will go bad before it's used up.

Maybe we need to start a pass it around thread. One person uses, then sends to the next, and so on, until the can is used up. Share the cost of it between everyone that used it
    Bruno Soares

3. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT, chilly, PaulMys, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I've found my "happy place" for most products I use on a regular basis and not interested in trying out anything new right now. However, I do have two gaps.

1. Trim coatings: Thinking of trying either Solution Finish or Cerekote. I've got a couple 10+ year old cars with trim that is starting to show age. Protectant/restoring and coating products I've tried out only work for short periods of time and I'm looking for something with better durability.

2. Leather care: I love my McKee's all in one leather care product, but they don't make it any more. When my current bottle runs out, the hunt will be on. Don't have any candidates at the moment.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

5. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually feel like I'm pretty well set. I'm really happy with what I've been using

7. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT, chilly, PaulMys, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I think I've found my "happy place" for most products I use on a regular basis and not interested in trying out anything new right now. However, I do have two gaps.

1. Trim coatings: Thinking of trying either Solution Finish or Cerekote. I've got a couple 10+ year old cars with trim that is starting to show age. Protectant/restoring and coating products I've tried out only work for short periods of time and I'm looking for something with better durability.

2. Leather care: I love my McKee's all in one leather care product, but they don't make it any more. When my current bottle runs out, the hunt will be on. Don't have any candidates at the moment.
    Consider Chamberlains for your leather care products

9. Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post

I actually used sonax's leather foam on my old workboots again lastnight. It works great for that, it does have a darkening effect if that's your thing. I have to get another can frankly. For my car i just use a mild interior detailer for everything usually, my car sits a lot. It doesn't get that dirty inside.

11. Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Consider Chamberlains for your leather care products
    Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    I actually used sonax's leather foam on my old workboots again lastnight. It works great for that, it does have a darkening effect if that's your thing. I have to get another can frankly. For my car i just use a mild interior detailer for everything usually, my car sits a lot. It doesn't get that dirty inside.
    Thanks for the tips. All of the leather in my vehicles is black right now, so darkening isn't a big deal.

My vehicles see pretty heavy usage. Both are daily drivers. In my car, the leather surfaces are the steering wheel and manual shift knob so they get cleaned pretty frequently. The other car it's the seats, so I'm cleaning the front seats pretty frequently as well. Having something that not only cleans, but keeps the leather soft and protected in one step has been pretty nice.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Sonax's leather foam checks those boxes. Ugly can but i really enjoy using it. It is a bit runny - that might turnoff some folks. I did use it on my leather seats once, works fine.

It really soften up my 5 year old work boots. I've been using it for the last 2 years i guess on my boats - maybe 3 or 4x really cleaned them up.

I took a detailing brush to them last night. They look pretty good for an old pair of workboots lol

I shook the sh!t out of it - the leather foam can. Helped warm up my cranky elbows after some moderate heavy deadlifts a few days ago lol Father time.....

14. Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    I actually feel like I'm pretty well set. I'm really happy with what I've been using
    I'm with you, Dan.

I have been doing this (proper detailing) for about 10 years now. I've tried hundreds of products and I have found my favorites.

And I'm WAY past being sucked into the "product de jour" hype. (Been there already........ lol)

I use what I like, and replace it when it runs out.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

16. Likes noorth, chilly, CleanIT, dlc95, opie liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I'm with you, Dan.

I have been doing this (proper detailing) for about 10 years now. I've tried hundreds of products and I have found my favorites.

And I'm WAY past being sucked into the "product de jour" hype. (Been there already........ lol)

I use what I like, and replace it when it runs out.
    I'm not a pro like you guys but i'm somewhat at that point. I don't chase the hype train so much like i used to...I'm slowly cornering my favorites.

Its just to expensive but it is fun trying new stuff.

18. Likes CleanIT, DFB liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast