autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How much are you guys charging for Cquartz/Opti-coat or any other super sealants?

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    Great discussion going on here! Personally, I wish this product was kept in the professional sector for reasons being discussed in this thread. I could care less how expensive or long this product takes to apply. It's a specialty product and deserves a specialty price. I personally feel our industry is way too stagnant with low end prices to try pigeon holding a unique product like this with a cheap price. I'd much rather be on the high end of the spectrum(advancing the industry) than caught behind repressing it. But hey, if you can only get $75-$100 tp apply it then more power to you, but keep in mind that lots of other people are able to *sell* this product at a much higher rate.
    I could sell it at a high price. I have plenty of customers that bring me their cars and say make it perfect no matter the cost. I have no problem selling. I do have a problem with charging someone too much for a specific service. That is all. Again if this was a dealership overcharging for parts and labor everyone would be going apeshit...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How much are you guys charging for Cquartz/Opti-coat or any other super sealants?

The cost of the product and maybe $50-$60 more is plenty to charge. Anything over that IMO is shady to say the least.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbin1 View Post
    The cost of the product and maybe $50-$60 more is plenty to charge. Anything over that IMO is shady to say the least.
    So is it shady that your friend charges $10k for a paint job when other painters charge $2-3k? I mean they are both applying the same product and producing the same end result.
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

I think this is the exact reason OPT makes Opti Guard and Opti Coat.
    Hello my name is Sean

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    So is it shady that your friend charges $10k for a paint job when other painters charge $2-3k? I mean they are both applying the same product and producing the same end result.
    I'm sorry Richard I'm not seeing where you are going with that. This is about wiping on a product that any monkey could do, not about a maaco verses a professional paint job.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess if you and your client base are happy with the prices you are quoting, all is good. There will always be people to over sell and charge more. Always been that way and always will. You just need to be happy with what you are doing. Your clients will know the difference.
    My name is Ted and I'm a Auto Geek!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rei86 View Post
    I think this is the exact reason OPT makes Opti Guard and Opti Coat.
    Whats the exact reason? They are both the same thing in the end.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flannigan View Post
    I do have a problem with charging someone too much for a specific service.

I remember way back when Paul Dalton was condemmed for "overcharging" people for his miracle treatments. Not too long down the road that level of pricing is now much more maintstream. The beauty of this business is being able to charge what you feel comfortable charging. It's user defined and that means that nobody can set a guideline for what is plenty or too much. Charge what you feel you're worth and your customers will pay you accordingly.

Metro Detroit's Leader in Vehicle Preservation & Perfect Paint Finishes

Post Thanks / Like

Whats the exact reason? They are both the same thing in the end.
    because you actually have to be a business to purchase Opti-Guard.
    Hello my name is Sean

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry Richard I'm not seeing where you are going with that. This is about wiping on a product that any monkey could do, not about a maaco verses a professional paint job.
    Not talking Maaco there chief. You can compare the contents of this thread to any industry. Back to the topic though, I could care less what people charge and don't charge and I'm not one to judge what's shady or reasonable. Every market is different. If you feel that charging someone a few dollars to prep and apply a product that is marketed to last up to 10 years, then by all means do so.
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast