autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How much are you guys charging for Cquartz/Opti-coat or any other super sealants?

Paul Dalton does overcharge, for services and products. There is a difference between charging more than volume detail shops because you are better and just charging more because people are too dumb to do any research. That is taking advantage of people, and it's shady.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How much are you guys charging for Cquartz/Opti-coat or any other super sealants?

Quote Originally Posted by Rei86 View Post
    because you actually have to be a business to purchase Opti-Guard.
    Yes but again it is still the same thing in the end.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    Not talking Maaco there chief. You can compare the contents of this thread to any industry. Back to the topic though, I could care less what people charge and don't charge and I'm not one to judge what's shady or reasonable. Every market is different. If you feel that charging someone a few dollars to prep and apply a product that is marketed to last up to 10 years, then by all means do so.
    Ok pal, it doesn't matter how long it lasts. It matters what you pay for it and how long you work to apply it. Just because one brake pads last for 10000 miles more than the other one doesn't mean you can charge more to install it. Understand?

Post Thanks / Like

I finally read up about this CQuartz - looks VERY similar to a sealant I used on aircraft back in the day and I made bundles off of it. My best payday was 8,000 Revenue..... about 5,000 profit after everything said and done in a 2 day period on a Pilatus. I would sell this similar product like crazy and make quite a bit - so I may incorporate this as well in the other industries with my business. Looks simple enough to apply and remove..... but I am wondering if it streaks?!?!?! If I add this as a product or service I would charge at minimum 50 an hour plus product..... minimum - seems like it would be an easy up sell to the right client.
    Bates Detailing
    Auto * RV * Bus * Boat * Aircraft * UFOs
    http://www.batesdetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B&B Tennessee View Post
    I finally read up about this CQuartz - looks VERY similar to a sealant I used on aircraft back in the day and I made bundles off of it. My best payday was 8,000 Revenue..... about 5,000 profit after everything said and done in a 2 day period on a Pilatus. I would sell this similar product like crazy and make quite a bit - so I may incorporate this as well in the other industries with my business. Looks simple enough to apply and remove..... but I am wondering if it streaks?!?!?! If I add this as a product or service I would charge at minimum 50 an hour plus product..... minimum - seems like it would be an easy up sell to the right client.
    You can't do it after a dry wash

Lol jk of course. IMO it is a great upsell, at the right price.

Post Thanks / Like

how about them yankees....doing pretty good so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Not talking Maaco there chief. You can compare the contents of this thread to any industry. Back to the topic though, I could care less what people charge and don't charge and I'm not one to judge what's shady or reasonable. Every market is different. If you feel that charging someone a few dollars to prep and apply a product that is marketed to last up to 10 years, then by all means do so.
    No no no they ARE paying for all the prep work. They are also paying for the cost of the product and the little extra time it takes to apply. Since they are paying the added cost for a product that lasts longer I see no reason to gouge the hell out of them.

I wasn't trying to upset you with my reply, I just really do not understand where you were going with it and how it applies to this topic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    Great discussion going on here!

Covers the whole spectrum of what detailers think that their fellow detailers salaries, business acumen, and thusly what one has put aside for future retirement/benefits should be.

I personally feel our industry is way too stagnant with low end prices to try pigeon holding a unique product like this with a cheap price. I'd much rather be on the high end of the spectrum(advancing the industry) than caught behind repressing it.

With no national or international organization with enough teeth to it (for now) to get defined rules, guidelines, procedures, certification to be a Detailer, etc. this low-balling of detailing services seems to be the norm. Especially in these hard economic times. Hopefully a much needed change will come to fruition in the near future.
    Just a few "hoping to cause no harm" thoughts.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flannigan View Post
    Ok pal, it doesn't matter how long it lasts. It matters what you pay for it and how long you work to apply it. Just because one brake pads last for 10000 miles more than the other one doesn't mean you can charge more to install it. Understand?
    Don't attack me over this issue, pal. I'm not selling anything to you or anyone here, pal. I don't rely on detailing to pay my bills, pal. Some of these people on here do and if they feel the need to mark up a product then that's their business. So before you attack me pal, get your crap straight. I'm not the one openly stating "I charge $200-$300 more for this service". Not once have I said anything of that nature, pal. Understand?
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

Don't attack me over this issue, pal. I'm not selling anything to you or anyone here, pal. I don't rely on detailing to pay my bills, pal. Some of these people on here do and if they feel the need to mark up a product then that's their business. So before you attack me pal, get your crap straight. I'm not the one openly stating "I charge $200-$300 more for this service". Not once have I said anything of that nature, pal. Understand?
    Hey there chief, I didn't attack you, I posed a question that you obviously avoided.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast