autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mike Phillips

Re: 2008 Ferrari F430

Quote Originally Posted by Mastercraft241 View Post

Thanks Mike. I'm going to offer him both a show car finish and a one step finish and see what he would prefer. I have the pinnacle line but it is very very low. I may try either FG400 with a yellow uber pads followed up with PF 4/6 and white Rupes or the Blackfire Combo. I believe I read a review of yours about Blackfire that made me purchase it initially.
    To be honest, just about any combo of the product you listed will work because from my experience they all use good abrasive technology. Just do your normal test spot procedure and you'll be able to dial in a process that will work just fine.

Is the Ferrari clear usually pretty thick?
    I don't think any of us can ever use the word "thick" when talking about any factory sprayed clear coats.

Car manufactures are supposed to spray at least 2 mils of clear over the basecoat because paint manufacturers "know" that is what is required to keep the entire matrix of paint from failing due to exposure to the sun and elements.

Assuming no Caveman has buffed the car out before you then I don't think you have anything to worry about as long as you use your normal good technique and use common sense.

I just ordered a Griot's 3" polisher as I think it is absolutely essential for this detail.
    As long as you mark your backing plate and monitor pad rotation you can pull swirls using the 3" Griot's polisher or as I like to call it, the Peanut Polisher.

I'll tend to over use my aggressive product with the Griot's 3" to make sure the surface is lubricated with enough product to maintain good pad rotation under pressure.

You know offering a good two-step might work for you and him, just explain that doing two steps won't remove all the deeper defects but it will really do a great job overall and then seal her up.

Use the Sonax PF with a polishing pad and then go to your LSP.

What are you going to use for an LSP?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    What year is this car? My god Ferrari knows how to make beautiful cars. I am floored everytime I see one.
    It's a 2008. It has a tubi exhaust which makes it sound unreal.

Attached is a similar car:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trozqLkBXWw]Ferrari F430 tubi decat - revs and brutal acceleration - YouTube[/video]

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    To be honest, just about any combo of the product you listed will work because from my experience they all use good abrasive technology. Just do your normal test spot procedure and you'll be able to dial in a process that will work just fine.

I don't think any of us can ever use the word "thick" when talking about any factory sprayed clear coats.

Car manufactures are supposed to spray at least 2 mils of clear over the basecoat because paint manufacturers "know" that is what is required to keep the entire matrix of paint from failing due to exposure to the sun and elements.

Assuming no Caveman has buffed the car out before you then I don't think you have anything to worry about as long as you use your normal good technique and use common sense.

As long as you mark your backing plate and monitor pad rotation you can pull swirls using the 3" Griot's polisher or as I like to call it, the Peanut Polisher.

I'll tend to over use my aggressive product with the Griot's 3" to make sure the surface is lubricated with enough product to maintain good pad rotation under pressure.

You know offering a good two-step might work for you and him, just explain that doing two steps won't remove all the deeper defects but it will really do a great job overall and then seal her up.

Use the Sonax PF with a polishing pad and then go to your LSP.

What are you going to use for an LSP?

I am VERY glad you asked this question mike. I have a fresh order of Blackfire Black Ice (8oz) coming in from AGO on Thursday

Mike Phillips

I am VERY glad you asked this question mike.

I have a fresh order of Blackfire Black Ice (8oz) coming in from AGO on Thursday

I'm excited you get to work on such a cool car, if you like doing this kind of work this is a cool car to have in your Car Detailing Portfolio.

But seriously, don't throw pearls before swine, that means don't do a 3-step or more correction if the owner won't take care of it.

I'd stick to the two step as that will still make it look amazing and as long as you get some good before and after picture to showcase "yourself", then that's what will be as important or more important than the financial gain if you use it to leverage your business.

If you don't know how to already, learn how to take good before and after pictures and learn how to work with pictures on forums.

The power in the after shots is created in the before shots

Tips for using a discussion forum to reach more customers...

How to create dedicated albums in your photo gallery...

If you're going to be a "Forum Person" on ANY forum, help yourself by learning how to work with picture on the Internet

How to resize your photos before uploading to a photo gallery - Using Easy Thumbnails

How to upload a photo into your Autogeek Photo Gallery

How to insert an image from your photo gallery into your message

How-To capture swirls, scratches, etchings and other surface defects with your camera

Here's my review of Blackfire BlackICE including how to machine apply it. For the 8 ounce jar you'll need to scoop some out and apply to foam pad using the blade of the PC wrench or something else.

Review: BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12