autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: paint peeled off customers car when removing 3m tape! customer is asking to pay for damage

Quote Originally Posted by Jbirk View Post
    The thing is if they agree to pay for it it, they will need to put it back to its pre-loss condition whatever that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by skwidd View Post
    She will also need to prove pre-loss condition is better than the repair. Best thing to do is get a quote to fix it, offer that to her and she pays any excess. If she doesn't accept, let her sue you. It will probably be a small claims court and you will present evidence that the fix you offered her is to pre-loss condition and she wants more.

p.s.: And remember, you cannot prevent anyone from filing suit against you.
    thank you both very much for this post first off. Would a touch up job restore it to pre-loss condition?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: paint peeled off customers car when removing 3m tape! customer is asking to pay for damage

$1000 is rediculous.
    Play your legal cards and never tip your hand.

You may have been the end reason the paint peeled off, but you may have walked right into a no win situation unknowingly.
    A set-up, perhaps.
    That is not your legal fault.

The customer may ask for a $1000, but am sure they don't want to spend a fortune in legal fees.
    It would be a small claims court issue if it went that far.
    The more documentation and evidence you can provide on the nature of paint the better.
    Proof of prior experience of this not happening in 500 jobs, and providing witnesses will support your case.

Offer nothing except for a full refund.
    Take any hit this person provides in bad reviews and social media.
    State your case professionally in any rebuttal in social media defending yourself.

Do the best you can.
    It will not be a fast process, but at some point t will e over.
    There is a statute of limitations on the customers end.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeff79 View Post
    thank you both very much for this post first off. Would a touch up job restore it to pre-loss condition?
    Jeff, put on your big boy pants and just do it.

You have received tons of opinions at this point. Yet, you continue to try your case in the court of internet opinion. Try it in real life and move on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skwidd View Post
    Jeff, put on your big boy pants and just do it.

You have received tons of opinions at this point. Yet, you continue to try your case in the court of internet opinion. Try it in real life and move on.
    i just dont want to write the wrong thing and end up in court. If i had more money and proper licensing i wouldn't care as much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vanev View Post
    $1000 is rediculous.
    Play your legal cards and never tip your hand.

You may have been the end reason the paint peeled off, but you may have walked right into a no win situation unknowingly.
    A set-up, perhaps.
    That is not your legal fault.

The customer may ask for a $1000, but am sure they don't want to spend a fortune in legal fees. If my offer is declined i will have no choice but to offer a full refund and probably a court battle. I think i am prepared for that alternative knowing what i know now.
    It would be a small claims court issue if it went that far.
    The more documentation and evidence you can provide on the nature of paint the better.
    Proof of prior experience of this not happening in 500 jobs, and providing witnesses will support your case.

Offer nothing except for a full refund.
    Take any hit this person provides in bad reviews and social media.
    State your case professionally in any rebuttal in social media defending yourself.

Do the best you can.
    It will not be a fast process, but at some point t will e over.
    There is a statute of limitations on the customers end.
    Thank you for this. I have already offered to touch up the area via a professional touch up technician.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213