autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: paint peeled off customers car when removing 3m tape! customer is asking to pay for damage

I watched Undercover Boss, Macco, and would NOT want to get any part of a car painted there.

The CEO clearly doesn't want to pay the people right... it is all commission. Then you have locations saying things like "My goal is to get every car in and out as fast as possible; not every dent has to be 100%" then they put their workers under pressure to perform to their non-existent standards expecting great work, yet the way they pay if an employee does the job right they will not get enough volume of cars done in a day to earn a living wage. For dents for example, they allow only half an hour!

Then you have them sanding and applying bondo for a "little ding." PDR would be so much better for half of these things!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfnoMzkZnx8

The CEO says they don't cut corners, but it is clear from ALL those workers and bosses that they do!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: paint peeled off customers car when removing 3m tape! customer is asking to pay for damage

I gotta watch that....

Post Thanks / Like

No-one in their right mind goes to Maaco for a quality paint job.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by upon3 View Post
    There is no way that blue 3M tape pulled off factory paint. Not a chance. That's bad repair and prep work by someone else. Painters Tape is docile unless it has been left on for a LONG time (like months).
    i used the 3m electricians automotive maksing tape. similar to the one in the sylvanias kit

Post Thanks / Like

She's trying to take you to the cleaners, good luck Bud........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeff79 View Post
    how can i prevent this from happening in the future and do you have any idea of why this may have occurred to begin with? Also do you think its something a mobile paint chip technician could fix? They are assuming my insurence will pay for the damage, which i dont have.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff79 View Post
    wow im surprised maaco would do shoddy paint job like that..
    IF..IF i use tape anywhere, i first put the piece of the tape i will be using on the car, on my shirt...yep..it makes it less sticky due to now having fibers from the fabric

Shouldn't be surprised about the Maaco...there is a reason their paint jobs cost like 2 dollars a car.

Lastly, you should have insurance especially when doing headlights, that's a costly mistake if it happens.

Owner at Clean N' Shiny Auto Detailing Inc.

Post Thanks / Like

That granny is trying to get a whole new paint job for something that just needs touch up paint. She's ripping you off. Sometimes the customer is not always right

Sent from my QMV7B using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Photos Pretty Please

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AGOatemywallet View Post
    Photos Pretty Please
    attached are the photos.. this is the damage caused after removing the 3m electric tape(same as sylvania headlight restoration kit.) The tape was on the car for approximately 20-25 minutes. Tape was new and the weather was about 80-85 degrees so the tape was probably also slightly warm.

Post Thanks / Like

Something to think about, what's your technique for pulling off tape? Pulling straight up, or at an angle?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast