autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

New Compound... Optimum Hyper 2015 or 3D AAT?

I've been using HD Cut for a while now and am running low, its time to switch things up. I use a Rupes 15 with either foam or MF pads exclusively.

Looking at either the new Hyper Compound or 3D AAT as my new go to.

I don't go small, if I order something it is usually in gallon quantity and I use it until it is gone or almost gone.

What says the hive mind? Are there any other top notch compounds I should be looking at as well?

I use Optimum Hyper Polish almost exclusively other than occasionally picking up HD Polish if I am on a sticky clear system, so I'm really just looking for something different to cut with.

Feel free to recommend things beyond what I have mentioned, but remember I am a business owner and time is money. I like stuff that is easy to remove, live in a pretty humid climate.

Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Compound... Optimum Hyper 2015 or 3D AAT?

How about Meg's D300 or Menzerna 400?

Post Thanks / Like

Well Mark, thats a good question. I have both of the compounds you mention. I didnt use either much yet. For me, neither dusted. Optimum seemed like a dry compound, wiped off like a breeze. 3d wiped off very hard, was a more wet compound. Like I said, didnt use them hardly at all. Interested in the other responses.

Post Thanks / Like

Throw Sonax in the mix, have you tried that one Mark? Too many great choices

Post Thanks / Like

IMO Pinnacle makes the best compound out there. It's my go to product no matter what vehicle. It has more cut then Menzerna and for heavy jobs nothing cuts better.

Post Thanks / Like

Have used D300 before, not enough cut for my money. Not a fan of Menz products, can be just a bit too finicky for me. I'm not the end all of paint correction masters and do very few "full corrections". Most of my paint corrections are 3 steps where the goal is 90-95% improvement, very rarely get paid for perfection.

Sonax.. you talking about CutMax? Isn't that designed for DA polishers specifically? Might have to add that to the mix.

Thanks for the comment about AAT being hard to remove, one of the reasons I don't use HD Adapt sometimes is that it can be hard to remove.

Mediscott are you talking about Pinnacle Advanced Compound? Looks good but $69 for 32 oz. of compound is insanely high. I can get a gallon of HD Cut for less than $100.
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=VP Mark;1282362]Most of my paint corrections are 3 steps where the goal is 90-95% improvement, very rarely get paid for perfection.

Three steps with 90-95% improvement is close to perfection to me.

Post Thanks / Like

I have HD cut and its started to creep up to one of my favorite compounds. I have the old version of Hyper and while it is a nice product, it doesn't cut as hard as HD Cut. The new Hyper is supposed to be able to buff 1000 grit out, so maybe it's that much better now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VP Mark View Post
    I've been using HD Cut for a while now and am running low, its time to switch things up. I use a Rupes 15 with either foam or MF pads exclusively.

Looking at either the new Hyper Compound or 3D AAT as my new go to.

I don't go small, if I order something it is usually in gallon quantity and I use it until it is gone or almost gone.

What says the hive mind? Are there any other top notch compounds I should be looking at as well?

I use Optimum Hyper Polish almost exclusively other than occasionally picking up HD Polish if I am on a sticky clear system, so I'm really just looking for something different to cut with.

Feel free to recommend things beyond what I have mentioned, but remember I am a business owner and time is money. I like stuff that is easy to remove, live in a pretty humid climate.

Like you I use a lot of Hyper Polish. I wasn't real impressed with the Hyper Compound. I used it with a DA and foam cutting pad. May be alright with a rotary. Sorry haven't used the 3D compound. I really like FG400.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    Like you I use a lot of Hyper Polish. I wasn't real impressed with the Hyper Compound. I used it with a DA and foam cutting pad. May be alright with a rotary. Sorry haven't used the 3D compound. I really like FG400.
    He's talking about the new white Hyper Compound, which is different from last year's orange Hyper Compound (now called Intensive Polish), which was different from the blue Hyper Compound.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast