autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Optimum Hyper Polish & Hyper Compound

Several years ago I had the pleasure of introducing many in the detailing world, both Pro and non-pro, to Optimum products, mainly the Optimum Spray Wax. It was not taken with great seriousness at first but after people tried it many of them came to love the ease of use, the great looks, UV protection, no staining and also the novelty of having wax in a spray-able form.

Well flash forward to today and I am once again given the honor of introducing to the detailing world what I believe to be the first ever spray-able polish and compound!

Many detailers around the world have come to love the Optimum Polish 1 and II formulas due to its long working times, low dust and ease of clean up plus its versatility when used with various pads and now once again Optimum Polish has evolved into the first spray-able polish now called Optimum Hyper Polish.

It has all the same characteristics we have all come to love and appreciate but it is now even easier to work with plus it has more cutting power with an added benefit of finishing off even nicer.

Optimum has also re-worked their compound into a spray-able form which removes 2000 grit sanding marks with ease and leaves an almost LSP ready finish on lighter colors. Optimum Hyper Compound, as well as Hyper Polish, work well with orbitals but they have been designed around rotary use and this is where they excel.

Because of their spray-able form it allows a thin even film of product to be applied to the paint which in turn provides the whole face of the buffing pad to come evenly in contact with the polishing medium thus creating a more evenly polished surface. This also means you'll use less product while still having a buffing barrier between the paint and polishing pads.

Several new pads will round out the Optimum Paint Polishing system with new pads. The most unique is a blended silk-wool pad designed to work with the new Optimum spray-able products. Fast cutting, even cutting and very nice finishing down.

Ron and I along with Keven, have been testing and testing these new products for months now and we feel we have gotten the products tuned in to just where we want them.

The Optimum Finishing Polish at my request has also been tweaked and is now a perfect ending compliment to this new system.

Here is a picture of the new hyper Polish and Hyper Compound and also one of the new silk-wool pads......these pads are so sweet!

Here is Optimum Hyper Polish sprayed onto the side of a panel. Again the great advantage to this product is the ability to evenly coat the face of the pad which evenly distributes the abrasives.

Anthony

Mike Phillips

Re: Optimum Hyper Polish & Hyper Compound

Thanks for sharing Anthony.

I had a chance to play with these two new products at Detail Fest and test them on #2000 grit sanding marks.

Love the concept...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post

I had a chance to play with these two new products at Detail Fest and test them on #2000 grit sanding marks.

Love the concept...

Thanks Mike. I appreciate your use of the products during that time because it gave Dr. G a visual of what we were trying to explain to him. It allowed him to tweak the products to what he saw visually and what we were telling him and after a few more tweaks I believe we got what we were looking for.

It allows us room to revise as needed for future OEM paints.

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like

As an option, can you prime the pad with the spray polish rather than spraying the paint? If you're doing a spot correction, spraying the pad might be easier?

Post Thanks / Like

Nice! Someone just asked if there was such thing as a spray-able polish, I thought it sounded like a good idea and BAM! here they are.

Looking forward to some reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post

Love the concept...

Care to elaborate? Or have you already posted regarding your experience with these new polishes?

Post Thanks / Like

Great stuff Anthony. Looking forward to this products release.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

So when will they be available for purchase?
    Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - 813-846-4406
    Auto, Boat, RV, Motorcycle, Aircraft Detailing
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by premium View Post
    So when will they be available for purchase?
    Not sure exactly. I do know that the sprayers will be changed oout so as far as I know that's the only thing holding shipment.

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like

Were test results done with DA use as well or is this primarily rotary use?

Post Thanks / Like

Four Star has had a sprayable finishing polish out for some time. Sounds like these products take that idea to another level.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast