autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sorry, we're closed

Further. You can't pay rent with food stamps. Where are they getting that money from? Tell me so I can sign up. I feel like a fool over here going to work everyday
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

2. Thanks DUBL0WS6 thanked for this post
    Likes Bosko, opie, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not just the youngins….. though I did see one explain why they younger crowd doesn’t want to work. Talked about a family member working at McDonald’s and when they became a manager started college and paid for it with McDonald’s earning. Not doing that working at McDonald’s today.

Also not just the youngins. Google working age male not working. Lot’s of Men 25-54 did not come back or just join the work force.

You average $21 an hour 40 hours a week you make about $3500 a month. You take 800 for taxes medical and such Leaves you with $2600. Where I live you can’t afford rent, food and gases with that.

Another problem is moving back in with parents. No rent to pay, doesn’t affect parents as their mortgage doesn’t change or better yet it’s paid off.

So no mortgage no car payment…. Food aid and pretty much your living not working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I still want to know how these people are paying their bills.
    That's the problem ... THEY are not paying their bills, YOU are.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

6. Likes PaulMys, Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Not just the youngins….. though I did see one explain why they younger crowd doesn’t want to work. Talked about a family member working at McDonald’s and when they became a manager started college and paid for it with McDonald’s earning. Not doing that working at McDonald’s today.

Also not just the youngins. Google working age male not working. Lot’s of Men 25-54 did not come back or just join the work force.

You average $21 an hour 40 hours a week you make about $3500 a month. You take 800 for taxes medical and such Leaves you with $2600. Where I live you can’t afford rent, food and gases with that.

Another problem is moving back in with parents. No rent to pay, doesn’t affect parents as their mortgage doesn’t change or better yet it’s paid off.

So no mortgage no car payment…. Food aid and pretty much your living not working.

Yeah so just imagine the money you save if you stayed at parents home for some time...give some money to the for food and such but save the rest.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

8. Likes Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Yeah so just imagine the money you save if you stayed at parents home for some time...give some money to the for food and such but save the rest.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    But then they’d have to work….

10. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Same crap in Ontario, Canada. A lot of businesses close because they can’t get workers. Someone hit the right word “ENTITLED “.
    When I worked after school I got 60 cents an hour and was happy to have it for spending. My first full time job after graduation paid $58.00 a week. Those were better times. I was always thankful of a job.

12. Likes Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I had car club of 8 cars, 16 people, heading out for a lunch date at a nice country club an hour out of town. The reservation person was giving us static about fitting us in. We arrived to an almost empty restaurant at noon.

The whole time I thought about how the excellent waitress would have missed out on 16 tips ($50 estimated) if we had not persisted with the reservation person…. Two of our group are members there.

Makes you wonder if some of the woes at companies may be self induced.

14. Likes PouncingPanzer, Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We have created a society where the lazy and entitled end up at the same finish line you or I end up at yet they didn't have to lift a finger to get there. I have had roommates that couldn't pay bills month after month, yet they never became homeless, never starved. Why? Because society(or in that case, me) will prop them up. Those same lazy folks are the same ones that are now realizing this, and just not working, period.

So the person that never managed to get your McDonald's order right is now not even present to screw that up.... they're at home playing their PS5 and texting on their Iphone 14 they somehow magically purchased through osmosis.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

16. Likes chilly, Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John U View Post
    Makes you wonder if some of the woes at companies may be self induced.
    At my job, that is definitely true. The Chief AND the CEO are RABID liberals and (I honestly believe) are Intentionally trying to burn down my department, with their negative attitudes towards police officers and their "Oh, poor baby" way of looking at KNOWN FELONS. When I went on Medical Leave Sept 30th, we were WAY BELOW minimal staffing requirements, a "skeleton crew" would have been an improvement.

Since then, NOT ONE PERSON has been hired to try and fill staffing and a few more have quit/are looking for other jobs. There are supervisors posting listings for police/dispatch jobs opportunities AT OTHER DEPARTMENTS on Facebook.

Not only has the current administration been actively trying to get the ship to sink, they have set it on fire as well. The "rats" have already left the ship, the only people remaining are the ones that haven't been picked up by another department YET, but the snakes are still there making sure the ship does go down in flames.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Imagining me at 17 like the youth today:

But dad! I can't work. It seems too hard.

Plus, I'm not even sure what sex I am!!

Instant funeral.

RIP PaulMys. 1970-1987.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

19. Likes opie, chilly, Flash Gordon, WaxMaster1, Paul A. liked this post
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast