autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sorry, we're closed

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    You physically assault them into submission
    What about the females?
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

2. Likes chilly, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John U View Post
    I had car club of 8 cars, 16 people, heading out for a lunch date at a nice country club an hour out of town. The reservation person was giving us static about fitting us in. We arrived to an almost empty restaurant at noon.

The whole time I thought about how the excellent waitress would have missed out on 16 tips ($50 estimated) if we had not persisted with the reservation person…. Two of our group are members there.

Makes you wonder if some of the woes at companies may be self induced.
    I hate to refer back to the fried chicken joint (I eat there alot) but most times I will call in my order. It's not uncommon for the phone to ring 20 times before someone answers. When I get there sometimes there will only be a handful of customers and 15 employees. Makes me wonder what the hell is going on back there in the kitchen. Another thing that bothers me is how slow young people move. They must all be on some sort of medication
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

4. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    What about the females?
    They get the belt too. I'm all about equality
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    They must all be on some sort of medication
    Yup... It's called "Facebook, TikTok, and Twitter".

The three most nutritious things a young mind needs to keep focus on the jobs they are paid to do.........
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

7. Likes Flash Gordon, WaxMaster1, opie, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    We have created a society where the lazy and entitled end up at the same finish line you or I end up at yet they didn't have to lift a finger to get there. I have had roommates that couldn't pay bills month after month, yet they never became homeless, never starved. Why? Because society(or in that case, me) will prop them up. Those same lazy folks are the same ones that are now realizing this, and just not working, period.

So the person that never managed to get your McDonald's order right is now not even present to screw that up.... they're at home playing their PS5 and texting on their Iphone 14 they somehow magically purchased through osmosis.
    Preach it brother Panzer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post
    At my job, that is definitely true. The Chief AND the CEO are RABID liberals and (I honestly believe) are Intentionally trying to burn down my department, with their negative attitudes towards police officers and their "Oh, poor baby" way of looking at KNOWN FELONS. When I went on Medical Leave Sept 30th, we were WAY BELOW minimal staffing requirements, a "skeleton crew" would have been an improvement.

Since then, NOT ONE PERSON has been hired to try and fill staffing and a few more have quit/are looking for other jobs. There are supervisors posting listings for police/dispatch jobs opportunities AT OTHER DEPARTMENTS on Facebook.

Not only has the current administration been actively trying to get the ship to sink, they have set it on fire as well. The "rats" have already left the ship, the only people remaining are the ones that haven't been picked up by another department YET, but the snakes are still there making sure the ship does go down in flames.
    As bad as Memphis can be, I thank God that MPD hasn't gone WOKE. If I was a police officer I would continue to do my job as I was originally trained to do and face whatever consequences that might occur.

10. Thanks Don M thanked for this post
    Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Imagining me at 17 like the youth today:

But dad! I can't work. It seems too hard.

Plus, I'm not even sure what sex I am!!

Instant funeral.

RIP PaulMys. 1970-1987.
    My father would have beat me to death (literally) if I had come at him with that nonsense.

12. Likes PaulMys, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I guess it’s a shift in attitudes for both kids and parents. We couldn’t wait to be able to get a job because, well…money. As fortunate as we were to have parents provide food & shelter (and a comfortable life overall) if we wanted gas, insurance and eventually a car (albeit one you were constantly working on to keep it relatively safe & marginally functional) it took money. And it took money to hang out with your friends and do things.

We couldn’t wait to get a learners permit/drivers license as well… and a work permit so you could get a job at 14/15 years old and before that, paper routes (apartment routes were the golden ticket!) I don’t recall any friends that didn’t have some kinda job; car wash, fast food, restaurants, gas stations, department stores/malls…seemed like everyone had an after school/weekend job. Granted the $2.65 minimum wage bought about 3 gallons of leaded gasoline but still, it took money!

It actually took a bit of legwork to get a job. Now, help wanted signs everywhere and still no employees. Without a doubt many kids still have jobs but it sure doesn’t seem to be the nearly universal rite of passage it used to be. Heck, it was kinda a badge of honor to have a ‘cool’ job like a gas station.

This message brought to you by an old guy shaking his fist at the sky Sorry, we're closed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    My first real job was at a gas station (it's how I built my detailing business). I was able to get many of my friends jobs there as well. The owner was a real stickler for detail as was I. He liked me so much that during the evening hours any wrecker calls that I made (besides AAA) I could pocket that money. I would wash the wrecker and check all fluids ever night before leaving. The daytime wrecker driver was a fan of mine too. Some of the best memories of my life...

14. Likes BudgetPlan1, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, we're closed

But what if your family are a bunch of assholes?

(Legitimate question).
    Buy a lot more toilet paper

(Not legitimate answer)

Well hopefully you raised them right and I think all at 18 could use more raising.

The two house idea Flash had is the asshole house.

One thing a friend told me is charge him rent at 18. $700 a month. Put $400 a month away and give back when there ready to buy a house or have a kid. Makes them work and forces them to save w/o knowing it.

Me personally that money would go towards an LT 4 for the chevelle..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Likes chilly, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

... One thing a friend told me is charge him rent at 18...
    I remember when I was 18 (1971) and my parents wanted me to pay rent... I moved out!

Looking back now, what they were asking wasn't too bad, but that's just the way I saw it at 18.

18. Likes Coatingsarecrack, chilly, dlc95 liked this post
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast