Bumblebee - Testing out the NEW DeWALT DWP849X

For some reason when I look at the new DWP849X I think of Bumblebee

Probably comes from my son being a fan of Transformer movies...

Been kind of busy lately with some other projects but plan on taking the Bumblebee out for a test drive this weekend if I'm not on the water...

What's in the box...

I like that it comes with a stick handle, I'm not fan of hoop or "D" handles for 3 reasons so like that they configured it so each person can choose their own setup. The head of the unit has a firm rubber molded cover to prevent marring paint should you accidentally bump it into a painted surface and I'm guess to also act as an heat reducing, ergonomic grip should you choose to use it with no handle at all, which is my normal preference.

For reference, here's the new DeWALT in a swarm of rotary buffers...

A couple quick observations, first the new RB is very quiet, just as quiet as the Flex PE14, I ran them side by side at similar speed settings and there wasn't a striking difference in noise level.

The Flex PE14 is a lighter but the new DeWALT isn't bad either...

Fit and finish is very nice. I like that the dust screens are easily removable for cleaning, nice feature. It also has a very heavy duty rubber cord which is a feature I've always liked about the Flex tools. The gloves are nice and a nice touch to include with the tool.

Stay tuned for more...