autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Shopping cart approved

Hey there everyone! I have a question for all you to ponder about. Well like many of you wackos out there im about spend a big chunk of my dough on some auto detailing products and it looks like my final shopping cart consists of these items

UDM 200$ intro kit Ultimate Detailing Machine Intro Kit with FREE BONUS!
    S100 carnauba wax
    XMT#3
    XMT360
    Wolfgang Paint Sealant

Now my question is should I be applying the compunds in this order?
    XMT#3
    XMT360
    Wolfgang Paint Sealant
    S100

also would any of you guys have any tips on which pads I should be using for which compound??
    Im assuming I would follow this route

White/Orange (included in udm combo)-XMT#3
    Gray-XMT360
    Blue-WolfGang Paint sealant
    S100-Polyfoam pad (does anyone know if this comes with an applicator pad? S100 Carnauba Wax is a hand-poured blend of German waxes, proprietary ingredients and pure Brazilian Carnauba wax. motorcycle wax, bike wax, s100)

Well thanks for any opinions/inputs im open to hear all.
    Last edited by Carbon Blue; 10-04-2007 at 02:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not positive about this, but I dont think people use wolfgang sealant over xmt360 because you want a clean surface for the sealant to bond to, and the xmt360 leaves its own protection behind after use. Again not sure about this, but others will confirm/deny it.

Also if I were you id skip the s100 unless you have alot of other nice waxes and just want to try it. I have no personal experience with it, but I have read alot of opinions of it and mostly people say its nothing special. The poorboys waxes are in that price range, maybe try one of those, or if you just want to top a sealant and have it look great, try pinnacle spray souveran, its on sale.

you have chosen some real good products in the xmt and wolfgang stuff, and of course the UDM, your sure to like them.

welcome to the forum good luck with your order.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your cart looks good. But as noted the 360 may not be the best idea if you are going to be topping with the Wolfgang sealant. You could use the 360 after polishing and then wipe off any residual 360 with a 50/50 mix of water and iso alcohol. Then you can do the 360 and then atleast a day after you can add the S100 or another wax. Your pad choices are spot on. Don't be afriad to use speed 6 on the UDM, it won't hurt anything and is definitely beneficial. Go slow, take your time, keep the pad flat on the surface and don't apply too much pressure.

Even though there are certain members on here who do not like S100 / P21S it is still a very good wax. You will not find a wax easier to use. It comes with an 'applicator'. It isn't a true applicator as it is just a spacer to keep the wax from slamming around in the tub, it works really well as one.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks you two for your opinions/input

Post Thanks / Like
    We need info on your car first, year, make/ model, color, current condition. And how much are you looking to spend?

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry about that, my car is a 2002 Toyota celica GT it is Carbon blue in color (black with a blue flake OEM color). It is my daily driver and sees its fair share of abuse. Shes got 62-63k miles and was waxed/polished by hand using meguires products. Here are some sample shots after a detail. Also my budget is about 300$ and thats including the UDM so I figured about 100$ to play around with different products. Do you think I should swap out the XMT#3 for some Menzerna Final polish? Did you guys have any other inputs as to what other waxes I should be looking at? I was planning on topping the WG sealant with some carnauba.

passenger door

In her current state she is pretty dirty right now and has quite a bit of swirl marks, I wash her about every other week with Meguires gold class. She is a garaged car, but being a college student Iam very busy and havent really had time to upkeep with her (havent washed her in about 2 weeks)
    Last edited by Carbon Blue; 10-05-2007 at 12:49 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont think XMT is anything too special, especially when compared to Menzerna. SO, Id go with SIP and 106FF or PO 91E and 106FF. Works great with rotary AND PC/ UDM.

WG DGPS works well along with CG JetSeal. For wax Id go with PB Natty's Blue or SSII.

I like the Lake Country pads A LOT better then the Edge pads. Ive got white, orange, and yellow. 3.5", 4", 5.5", and 6.5".

Might as well start out with 106FF and orange pad. If that doesnt work then switch to SIP or PO 91E and orange pad. If you need to use the SIP or PO 91E, then go back over with 106FF and white pad. Then I like to rewash the car, do alcohol wipe down, and apply my sealant or wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    your car looks to be in fabulous shape, very nice pictures! IMO, use the finishing polish of your choice on a white pad, because it looks like yours needs little to no correction. Then go with the Wolfgang sealant, and top it with a wax or spray if you like.

also XMT 360 and just a wax on top will look great on your car too

menzerna polishes are really the cream of the crop, but if they dont fit your budget the autogeek store carries many that will. Ive heard plenty of good results with PB's SSR, XMT, Optimum, etc...

make sure to shop the sales and kits, they will get you the best value for your money.

edit: I just saw you wrote it has quite a bit of swirls, if this true your pics hide them very well because I dont see any!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dontsleeponit View Post
    your car looks to be in fabulous shape, very nice pictures! IMO, use the finishing polish of your choice on a white pad, because it looks like yours needs little to no correction. Then go with the Wolfgang sealant, and top it with a wax or spray if you like.

also XMT 360 and just a wax on top will look great on your car too

menzerna polishes are really the cream of the crop, but if they dont fit your budget the autogeek store carries many that will. Ive heard plenty of good results with PB's SSR, XMT, Optimum, etc...

make sure to shop the sales and kits, they will get you the best value for your money.

edit: I just saw you wrote it has quite a bit of swirls, if this true your pics hide them very well because I dont see any!
    thanks for the kind words dontsleeponit. The problem I have with meguires is that after application the swirl marks are gone for about 2-3weeks. But after the Fourth week the swirl marks start coming back by the herd! Mabey because its because I apply everything by hand? Well all that will be fixed once i get that udm!

Well I made a 2 page list of different kinds of combos with different kinds of sealants and waxes etc and it looks like i was able to make my budget with 11$ to spare!

my current list is composed of this totalling $286.97

UDM intro kit
    S100 carnauba wax
    WolfGang sealant
    Menzerna Intensive Polish
    Menzerna Final Polish
    XMT360 (included with the UDM Kit)

Now I have two more questions! Should I go with the Menzerna fine polish or the micropolish?
    The micropolish is 4$ more which would make the total 291$, would I benefit more from this?. Also I have a used hood (old one was dented) thats fresh from the paintshop well its actually been sitting in my garage for about almost 2 months now and has very MINOR swirling ( I take it out on the weekends and expose it to sunlight and bring it back in at night), do you guys suggest that I only use the fine polish, sealant and wax on this and leave out the intensive polish?? Thanks again, sorry for all the questions!
    Last edited by Carbon Blue; 10-05-2007 at 12:48 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast