1970 1/2 Camaro - Show Car Finish by Pinnacle - Modeled by Amy

When Thomas arrived with his Camaro we pulled out the Brinkmann Swirl Finder Lights and inspected the finish and while the paint was shiny there were swirls, scratches, micro-marring, pig tails and tracers in the paint.

Thomas brought his daughter Nicole to help out and Adam aka Harleyguy and Todd Helme and myself went to work removing the defects and restoring a finish worthy of this fine example of a very rare Camaro.

We used Pinnacle polishes to remove the defects and then machine applied Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax to give the paint a deep, wet shine.

Here's a few pictures from tonight... more tomorrow...

Here's the Camaro when it first arrived, I have some pictures of the swirls, scratches, pig tails and micro-marring I'll add tomorrow. While the paint is shiny and looks great to most people, in our eyes we saw potential for a true show car finish.

First up was to show Thomas and his daughter Nicole how to use a DA Polisher for the first time... I got Thomas trained and right to work...

Now it's time for some hands-on training for Nicole who picked up machine polishing like she'd been doing it all her life...

Polishing like a Pro!

Father and daughter tackling the roof...

After we machine polished out all of the defects we machine applied Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax...

Then I shared a few tips and techniques for how to gently remove a finishing wax and turned Nicole and Thomas loose...