autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

1970 1/2 Camaro - Show Car Finish by Pinnacle - Modeled by Amy

1970 1/2 Camaro - Show Car Finish by Pinnacle - Modeled by Amy

When Thomas arrived with his Camaro we pulled out the Brinkmann Swirl Finder Lights and inspected the finish and while the paint was shiny there were swirls, scratches, micro-marring, pig tails and tracers in the paint.

Thomas brought his daughter Nicole to help out and Adam aka Harleyguy and Todd Helme and myself went to work removing the defects and restoring a finish worthy of this fine example of a very rare Camaro.

We used Pinnacle polishes to remove the defects and then machine applied Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax to give the paint a deep, wet shine.

Here's a few pictures from tonight... more tomorrow...

Here's the Camaro when it first arrived, I have some pictures of the swirls, scratches, pig tails and micro-marring I'll add tomorrow. While the paint is shiny and looks great to most people, in our eyes we saw potential for a true show car finish.

First up was to show Thomas and his daughter Nicole how to use a DA Polisher for the first time... I got Thomas trained and right to work...

Now it's time for some hands-on training for Nicole who picked up machine polishing like she'd been doing it all her life...

Polishing like a Pro!

Father and daughter tackling the roof...

After we machine polished out all of the defects we machine applied Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax...

Then I shared a few tips and techniques for how to gently remove a finishing wax and turned Nicole and Thomas loose...

Mike Phillips

Re: 1970 1/2 Camaro - Show Car Finish by Pinnacle - Modeled by Amy

Here's some after shots...

Amy stopped by to help with the final wipe...

We used Wolfgang Aluminum Concours Polish to restore brilliance to the aluminum wheels...

Here's the Transformation Team, from left to right... Thomas, Todd, Adam and me. Nicole had to leave early but she'll be back as one of the Swirl Girls for future project.

A huge thank you to Adam for helping to make this another successful project...

Note: This was the first time that Thomas and Nicole ever used a DA Polisher and all the techniques they used to create the show car finish are shared in this e-book

Mike Phillips' The Art of Detailing E-book

Time to shut down Autogeek's' Show Car Garage! More pictures tomorrow!

Post Thanks / Like

Awsome and what a color on that car haha bright!
    Cars
    1972 Chevy Nova
    1994 Acura Integra

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    We used Wolfgang Aluminum Concours Polish to restore brilliance to the aluminum wheels...

Glad you got a good pic of the wheels. Yep..... that's exactly what I was interested in seeing close up.

TL

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again Mike for another fun and informative evening, these cars are always fun and a pleasure to work on. And a Thanks again to Amy for letting me hide my right hand again .
    Lamborghini Broward

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
    Thanks again Mike for another fun and informative evening, these cars are always fun and a pleasure to work on. And a Thanks again to Amy for letting me hide my right hand again .
    Adam,

Thank you for making the drive to Autogeek to lend a hand and thank you very much for taking the lead on removing the pig tails and RIDS out of the hood.

The paint came out so glassy looking it was incredible. Working on the process pics right now...

Post Thanks / Like

Always awesome to see my buddy's having a great time down there!! I wish I was a little closer.

Really great job guys and gals
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Adam,

Thank you for making the drive to Autogeek to lend a hand and thank you very much for taking the lead on removing the pig tails and RIDS out of the hood.

The paint came out so glassy looking it was incredible. Working on the process pics right now...

Mike anytime I now look forward to these makeovers .

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    Always awesome to see my buddy's having a great time down there!! I wish I was a little closer.

Really great job guys and gals
    Thanks Corey rumor has it there might be a Saturday make over coming up it will be worth the trip down .
    Lamborghini Broward

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh! That car is so sweet! Awesome job guys...

*sigh* its Amy...she's so fine.

side note....I hope she's not no one's lady. I don't want to offend anyone.
    Alex
    ...."Do the right thing...even when no one is looking"

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by TLMitchell View Post

Glad you got a good pic of the wheels. Yep..... that's exactly what I was interested in seeing close up.

TL
    I have to thank Adam and Todd for taking care of the wheels... one of my responsibilities is playing team leader and managing everything that takes place to these cars so there's no issues. That's why having guys like Todd and Adam there to help out really makes the project go smooth as they both know every aspect of detailing that they can pretty much tackle anything like sprucing up the wheels and tires.

If you don't have a way to bring the car up to you then you have to lower yourself to the car...

Here Adam is using the Wolfgang Aluminum Concours Polish with a Gold Wax Finger Pocket to apply and work the product to remove oxidation, water spots and dullness and restore the chrome-like appearance...

Todd starts in on the driver's front wheel and during this time you can see Nicole and her dad carefully wiping the Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax off wearing Microfiber Gloves and our new ultra plush and color matching to the car, Super Soft Deluxe Green Microfiber Towels with Rolled Edges.

Super High Gloss Finish!
    Look at the gloss coming off the paint on the back fender where Todd's polishing the rear passenger side wheel. The key to creating gloss is to get the paint as smooth as you can and we did this using Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover followed by Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish both applied by machine.

Polishing the wheels and dressing the tires just adds the finishing touch to a high gloss finish...

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast