autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Finally finished my website...

Quote Originally Posted by Kengo123 View Post
    I see where you are going with your website, specifically the services page. Yo want to describe each service without your service page being riddled with boring text. However, if I was a prospective customer that doesn't really understand the detailing process the way you do, i would be confused and would not know where to start.

I think your website NEEDS to have some sort of packages section to make it easier to understand, and to give the client an understanding of which services fit best together. If not, atleast type out which services fit best together, before the services section. That way the customer won't become overwhelmed with having to click each service to try and understand what it's about. That process can take a while, I'm guessing atleast a good half hour clicking all of the services. And I'm not sure if that's what you're going for
    Yep I see what you mean. Most of the services are self explanatory : Washes, Headlight correction, waxes, and so on people know what they are. Only services that might require reading to understand are the paint correction and paint polishing processes, coatings and sealants (most people have no idea what those are), and paint decontamination. Pretty much everything else like interior cleaning and seat shampoo and all needs very little explanation.

I am gonna design a wizard type of guide where people will click on the needs they have (new car, car needing prep for selling, winter preparation, etc) and that will guide them to a suggested package for that specific need. I am planning on doing about 10 more pages for that (well times two since I have to do both French and English version). This will be a good place to start for new clients.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    That's because you are used to having everything in packages. All my services are listed as individual services. So for your example, decontaminate means just the claying itself, not a wash before or anything else after.

I will have packages in the specials section shortly, but I am taking a break before making those
    You do realize the car must be wash before even claying. You still have to rewax after Claying. So claying should be an add on or come up with a basic package name. That includes wash, claying, and add wax or upgrade to a sealant. You can't perform a claying service without doing any cleaning before and leaving a protection after.

Sent with my Note 2, from Planet Namek. now Free

Post Thanks / Like
    I know you have put a ton of time into this and I'm honestly now trying to be harsh here, but this website is a total mess. It is MUCH too complicated for a potential client to understand. I should be able to skim your entire site and be able to make sense out of your business in less than 2 minutes. People don't want to spend 30 minutes custom designing a detail.. you are supposed to tell THEM what they need, or at least make an offering within their budget.

It needs to be much simpler, less decisions, easier for prospective clients to make a buying decision. Remember, you are trying to SELL your service, not educate the world about detailing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

I like the look of your site....
    I think it works and functions well. Going from English to French is easy, etc.

However, I feel there are too many choices for the everyday person. They will have no idea what half your services are and figure they don't need them. That just concerns me. And if they get confused, they may just give up and look somewhere else.

Just food for thought...

Just an FYI- you have Shampoo spelled wrong on the "Seat Shampoo" section in the english section of the site.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

You have so many choices on your menu that even I am confused! You need to simplify that thing and triple your pricing $

The whole English/French thing is kinda goofy too. I would choose whatever language is the most popular (English)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    You have so many choices on your menu that even I am confused! You need to simplify that thing and triple your pricing $

The whole English/French thing is kinda goofy too. I would choose whatever language is the most popular (English)
    He lives in Quebec canada they speak both languages and he needs both.

Post Thanks / Like
    Also OP there's no way you can compete with the average local car wash. They can be doing a quick in and out wash and a 2 hour detail. Their detail might be unprofessional so that's how you will separate yourself from competition. Driving your prices down trying to compete against their pricing will kill you faster. Be prepare that even though you may be more expensive as soon as word of mouth starts doing it magic business will slowly go up.

Sent with my Note 2, from Planet Namek. now Free

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pureshine View Post
    He lives in Quebec canada they speak both languages and he needs both.

They should change their system IMO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    I like the look of your site....
    I think it works and functions well. Going from English to French is easy, etc.

However, I feel there are too many choices for the everyday person. They will have no idea what half your services are and figure they don't need them. That just concerns me. And if they get confused, they may just give up and look somewhere else.

Just food for thought...
    Having made a number of websites myself, the bolded is the most constructive (and best) criticism I'd have. You have to look at your website from the standpoint of an every day consumer and make it easy to understand/navigate. Some thing we use in the IT world doing documentation: assume anyone looking at your documentation is completely knowledge-less about the topic. Ask yourself, "What's the easiest way to explain my services to a person that has no idea what all of this stuff is?" Make it succinct (clear and brief).

I don't think you should go back to the drawing board or anything, but consolidating your services would help immensely. Offering packages is easier for the everyday person to comprehend as opposed to listing each service individually.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    They should change their system IMO
    Quebec and large parts of Canada were first settled by the French (others were settled by the British). They have a long, long history of both language bases :-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast