autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 27 of 95 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435363777 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can you Believe this is a Hyundai

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I had an 07' R56 and it had nothing but trouble in 62k:

-3 aux fuel pumps
    -1 bad fuel injector
    -1 bad timing chain
    -1 bad MAF
    -numerous frozen intakes

The use of prem vs. regular is no big deal, its .40 cents more a gallon here, so in the MINI that ends up being an extra $4.00 on a completely empty tank, really not an issue for the performance you get. Is the Veloster the turbo version?

Yes, the Veloster is the Turbocharged version. It is very quick especially when you need to merge into beltway traffic doing 60 mph. She actually enjoys driving this car more than the Mini. Because she drove the Mini a mile or so each way to the Metro Subway to go to work, the Mini developed all kinds of drive ability problems. They had to replace clogged fuel injectors and several other items under warranty. Then they told her that she needed to drive the car more to prevent these problems. Last summer, with just 22,000 miles on the car the automatic transmission failed as she was coming home from work and had to be towed to a local school parking lot until she could have her car towed to the dealer. They replaced the transmission under warranty but by this time she had had it with the cars reliability.

Midnight Blue

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    My daughter recently traded in her 2010 Mini Cooper S for a 2014 Hyundai Veloster. We saw the Veloster at the Motor Trend Car show in Baltimore in February. She fell in love with this car and bought one in March.

This is a sporty looking, economical pocket rocket! It has a turbocharged engine and every hi-tech toy you could want built into the car including a neat back up camera.

My wife has a 2011 Hyundai Sonata which she loves as well. Me, I'm a Ford Mustang man!

Midnight Blue
    congrats to you and your daughter, the veloster is a sharp looking hatchback. i'm sure it's going to give her many years of enjoyment and reliability!

Post Thanks / Like
    "Need to drive the car more", why so it can break down more, LOL, sorry not trying to offend but that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

"Need to drive the car more", why so it can break down more, LOL, sorry not trying to offend but that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Prior to her owning the Mini Cooper S she had a Toyota Rav 4 which she had driven the same way and never had any mechanical issues with that vehicle. The Service Dept. at the Mini dealership told her that driving the car like she was doing, driving it a mile or so and then shutting it off before it thoroughly warmed up, was causing her mechanical problems. Their advise was to drive the car longer distances so as to run the car at it's normal operating temperatures to avoid further problems. For what it is worth she decided to drive the car to work twice a week, about 25 miles each way, and the engine issues stopped. Even I had mentioned to her that it wasn't good for the car to start it cold, drive a mile and turn it off, and repeat this process in the afternoon after she got off the subway to go back home.

Unlike the Toyota, the Mini Cooper S is considered a performance car and needed to be driven longer distances to avoid these issues.

Here are some photos of her new Hyundai Veloster.

Midnight Blue
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can you Believe this is a Hyundai-dsc_3066-800x536-jpg   Can you Believe this is a Hyundai-dsc_3067-800x536-jpg   Can you Believe this is a Hyundai-dsc_3074-800x536-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

nice, and even the turbo as well. out of the wheels i've seen on the velosters, i like those the best...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    nice, and even the turbo as well. out of the wheels i've seen on the velosters, i like those the best...

I like these wheels very much myself. There are no options on this car as everything comes standard. The Veloster offers an R Model with some minor interior and exterior appointments but both Sarah and I agree that the standard Veloster is sporty enough.

She has a leather interior and the back seat is actually usable.

Here are some photos of my 2006 Mustang GT. It is just getting broken in as it has turned 148,000 miles!

Midnight Blue
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can you Believe this is a Hyundai-dsc_3085-800x536-jpg   Can you Believe this is a Hyundai-dsc_3086-800x536-jpg   Can you Believe this is a Hyundai-dsc_3088-800x536-jpg   Can you Believe this is a Hyundai-dsc_3089-800x536-jpg   Can you Believe this is a Hyundai-dsc_3090-800x536-jpg   Can you Believe this is a Hyundai-dsc_3091-800x536-jpg   Can you Believe this is a Hyundai-dsc_3095-800x536-jpg   Can you Believe this is a Hyundai-dsc_3096-800x536-jpg   Can you Believe this is a Hyundai-dsc_3097-800x536-jpg   Can you Believe this is a Hyundai-dsc_3098-800x536-jpg  

Can you Believe this is a Hyundai-dsc_3099-800x536-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Midnight blue, your 06' looks stunning, seriously stunning and its all 100% original, how were able to keep it that way! I tried to buy an 05' when that body style first came out but living in Detroit at the time it was very hard to get one as so many people got discounts, so I passed on the car. I even got to test drive one on my birthday, couldn't believe how it sounded stock, I even bought a set of Halibrand wheels w/ billet knockoffs for it when it would come in, ended being told I would have to wait for an 06' and got bummed out and pulled the plug. I ordered a white one w/red interior, Mach 1000 and stock Bullett-styled wheels, spoiler delete too, oh well, I guess it wasn't mean't to be. Once again, your car looks amazing and I'm sure its been well maintained, when you sell it people will be knocking down the door to get it, this I'm sure of!

Post Thanks / Like

Midnight blue, your 06' looks stunning, seriously stunning and its all 100% original, how were able to keep it that way! I tried to buy an 05' when that body style first came out but living in Detroit at the time it was very hard to get one as so many people got discounts, so I passed on the car. I even got to test drive one on my birthday, couldn't believe how it sounded stock, I even bought a set of Halibrand wheels w/ billet knockoffs for it when it would come in, ended being told I would have to wait for an 06' and got bummed out and pulled the plug. I ordered a white one w/red interior, Mach 1000 and stock Bullett-styled wheels, spoiler delete too, oh well, I guess it wasn't mean't to be. Once again, your car looks amazing and I'm sure its been well maintained, when you sell it people will be knocking down the door to get it, this I'm sure of!
    Thank you Klasse Act! I've wanted a Mustang GT since they came out with the retro style back in 2005. I got back into Mustangs in 2008 after a serious medical event in which I had my Thyroid Gland removed. Since we had recently purchased a 2008 Mercury Mariner, I was limited to a late model Mustang. I bought the 2002 V6, Automatic Mustang and for five years restored it and made it look like a GT.

In October 2013 I decided to sell my 2002 Mustang and look for a 2005 or newer Mustang. My budget basically limited me to looking at V6 Automatic Mustangs. I came across this car advertised on Craig's List by a local used car dealer. The pictures looked good and the Premium Leather Interior looked good too. He had reduced the price to fit into my budget if I could sell my 2002 Mustang. When I went to look at the car I realized why he couldn't sell it as it had 146,500 miles on it. Having retired as a Sales & Marketing Rep I wasn't too concerned about the mileage as these were obviously "road miles". The dealer had bought the car at auction and we speculated that a female owned the car due to the lack of wear on the interior. The dealer switched out the stock 17" wheels for 19" California Special wheels off a 2011 Mustang. I sold my 2002 Mustang for $6,300 and only paid $9,000 for the GT!

Once I got it I put on on four new Goodyear RSA Tires, 2 new tie rods, had the throttle body cleaned, replaced the serpentine belt and added XADO, a product that repairs internal engine wear on a nano technology level.

I completely detailed the car (several times) using Griot's Garage Clay Bar, Machine Polish 3 and Paint Sealant. I used Griot's Leather Cleaner and Conditioner to clean and renourish the leather seats.

I'm now using Croftgate USA Detailing Products. I use their Wash & Wax which is fast, easy, economical and does an outstanding job. I use a product called Project X which is a polish, paint enhancer and sealant and Quick N Slick which is also a Paint Sealant. I apply the Project X and the Quick N Slick with Black Waxing Pads and my Griot's Orbital Polisher. The Project X and Quick N Slick give the paint a wet look and it holds up very well.

To clean my engine, which I just recently did as it had 148,000 miles of grunge, dirt and grease on it, I used Griot's Engine Degreaser and their Engine Dressing.

I detailed 4 Mustangs for friends and club members before they went to the 50th Anniversary Celebration of the Mustang going on right now in Charlotte, NC.

Here are some photos of my interior and some photos taken at the St. Patrick's Day Parade in Baltimore last month.

Midnight Blue
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can you Believe this is a Hyundai-dsc_2174-800x536-jpg   Can you Believe this is a Hyundai-dsc_2172-800x536-jpg  
    Last edited by Midnight Blue; 04-18-2014 at 11:33 AM. Reason: want to add more photos

Post Thanks / Like
    Midnight, now I know why the car looks soooo good, Griot's, been using their products since 2005, quality throught the product line! Love the way the seats look, wish I had leather seats, oh well I can condition my steering wheel, shiftknob and future shiftboot w/ my Griot's leather products!

Post Thanks / Like

Here are some more photos of my 2006 Mustang GT

Midnight Blue
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can you Believe this is a Hyundai-dsc_2916-800x536-800x536-2-jpg   Can you Believe this is a Hyundai-dsc_2917-800x536-800x536-2-jpg   Can you Believe this is a Hyundai-dsc_2918-800x536-800x536-2-jpg   Can you Believe this is a Hyundai-dsc_2485-800x536-jpg   Can you Believe this is a Hyundai-dsc_2551-800x536-jpg   Can you Believe this is a Hyundai-dsc_1483-800x536-jpg   Can you Believe this is a Hyundai-dsc_2480-800x536-jpg   Can you Believe this is a Hyundai-dsc_2479-800x536-jpg   Can you Believe this is a Hyundai-dsc_2322-800x536-jpg   Can you Believe this is a Hyundai-dsc_2316-800x536-jpg  

Page 27 of 95 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435363777 ... LastLast