autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

SEO - Google, Yahoo, Bing

Just recently I haven't been getting ANY calls from new customers looking for detailing services. During the winter here it normally slows down but it's never been this bad. I'm talking ZERO phone calls in the last two weeks. What pisses me off is the local hologram installer down the street has two cars in the bay every time I drive by.

So, today I'm poking around online and I notice that when I search for "Auto Detailing Sherwood, OR" the local shop up the street is the ONLY listing that shows up!!! I am now nowhere to be found on Google Maps. All the other local shops are missing too! This ONE company is now getting ALL the new business from this and similar search terms.

HOW DO I FIX THIS!!??

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=auto+...mid=1385227320
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're probably going to have to take a look at your website and make sure you're adding location info into your website in more than just one place (top, bottom and in the text of your site).

A good way to get back on google maps is to create a google+ page for your business.

If you can, try incorporating rich snippets to your website (http://schema.org/). This helps immensely with seo.

Hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

Re: SEO - Google, Yahoo, Bing

Contact google and let them know the situation. They will hook you up . I went from not listed until page 4 to top of the list in just over two months. You could also do adwords cpc so your at the top of the 1st page everytime.

Post Thanks / Like

Google+ page, Yelp Page, & Angies List are all good places to have your info that will pull high search priority

Super Member Kyle@PrecisionPolish's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Google adwords should solve this problem for $50 a month. I gain 90% of my business through being at the paid searches in google.

Post Thanks / Like

SEO is the way to slowly build your generic search presence.

That being said, it can take months to get placed where you want.

Google Adwords will have you at the top placement within 30 minutes of signing up! It is an amazing tool that has been a staple of building my business.

If you are looking to build your business and have a nice website, this should be something you pay constant attention to.
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Super Member Scott@IncrediblyDetailed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hire someone to do local SEO.

If you want to do it yourself start here and PM with any questions. I know a good bit about local SEO.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-internet.html

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to show up on google maps that doesn't require SEO. Just type in google maps business or something like that. You will be asked to fill out your information and then they will send you a postcard with a security code to verify your business and you will show up on the map. As for the SEO stuff I am trying to figure it out myself. I am on AdWords but haven't gotten any calls from it yet so right now its just costing me money.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input guys!

AdWords is a great idea. I actually use AdWords quite often and have found it to be the best return on investment for advertising. My goal, though, is to get better placement organically (which is free). Or in the case of this Google Maps search term I just want to show up, period.

Let me offer a little more back story. I do have a Google+ local page (or whatever it's called) to show up on Google Maps. For the last 10-12 months I would show up in the top 1-2 spots when someone searched for "auto detailing sherwood or" but all of a sudden I'm not showing up at all. As a matter of fact NOBODY is showing up out of all the local mobile detailing guys and shops in the area. The only business that is now listed is ONE shop that puts out questionable work. It's really odd. And it just started happening recently.

This same shop is also highlighted in the normal web search organically with a HUGE map that shows where they are. It's the only detailing business in the area that is highlighted in this way. It's not an AdWords thing (that I know of).

In any event I would like to be highlighted like they are in organic results. Anyone know how to do this? Is this what rich snippets will do?
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by motoo344 View Post
    If you want to show up on google maps that doesn't require SEO. Just type in google maps business or something like that. You will be asked to fill out your information and then they will send you a postcard with a security code to verify your business and you will show up on the map. As for the SEO stuff I am trying to figure it out myself. I am on AdWords but haven't gotten any calls from it yet so right now its just costing me money.
    Biggest reasons people get little from AdWords is

Website issues such as hard to read, hard to understand, non professional looking

Poor ads such as not describing your service well, not eye catching.

Place a personal touch in your ad such as your real name or the county you live in. This will help people not automatically ignore your ad thinking it was from some large corporation.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast