autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SEO - Google, Yahoo, Bing

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas@Autowerx View Post
    Mark, I know which ones are the paid AdWords listings but what is messed up is the map. How can only one business be listed in the map for the whole city??? That's what I don't get. These two problems must somehow be connected to one another.

Ok, not I get what your saying! (herp derp haha)

I have run into this issue in my region as well. The larger city 6 miles south of me no longer has me on their local listings either, even though I am the best placed and reviewed detailing business in my region. By far.

Google seems to be doing this in order to keep "spillover" from leaking into search results. You have to be from exactly that city the search was made for, zip code and everything. They are trying to keep the search results better localized but they are really just limiting their users options by not showing a business that is a couple miles out of that search radius because they are not technically from that town(don't know if that is your case).

My advice is to call Google. Give them the information and see if they will respond. It isn't much but worth a shot. Until then get your AdWords up and running and make sure you are not falling through the cracks until the issue can be fixed.

Edit: wahoo 1,000 posts I feel kinda geeky.
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VP Mark View Post
    Ok, not I get what your saying! (herp derp haha)

I have run into this issue in my region as well. The larger city 6 miles south of me no longer has me on their local listings either, even though I am the best placed and reviewed detailing business in my region. By far.

Google seems to be doing this in order to keep "spillover" from leaking into search results. You have to be from exactly that city the search was made for, zip code and everything. They are trying to keep the search results better localized but they are really just limiting their users options by not showing a business that is a couple miles out of that search radius because they are not technically from that town(don't know if that is your case).

My advice is to call Google. Give them the information and see if they will respond. It isn't much but worth a shot. Until then get your AdWords up and running and make sure you are not falling through the cracks until the issue can be fixed.

Edit: wahoo 1,000 posts I feel kinda geeky.
    LOL congrats man!! And, thanks for the help!
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

LOL congrats man!! And, thanks for the help!
    Thanks!

How come when I go to your website the tab header says '99 Ferrari 355 F1 Spider? That is very important to have geographically accurate. Your header should read:

Sherwood Oregon Auto Detailing - Autowerx Detailing

Notice how when you click my page on your tab it says "Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing Southern Illinois

Then google "southern illinois auto detailing"

Number one generic result, number one google pages result, and my Facebook is even higher ranked than the next business.

Just something to think about.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!

How come when I go to your website the tab header says '99 Ferrari 355 F1 Spider? That is very important to have geographically accurate. Your header should read:

Notice how when you click my page on your tab it says "Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing Southern Illinois

Number one generic result, number one google pages result, and my Facebook is even higher ranked than the next business.

Yeah, I noticed that the other day too. I am new to WordPress and after noticing all this happening with the search results I installed a plugin called "all in one SEO" or something like that. It jacked up all my headers and changed the description of my homepage to the title of my most recent post. I have actually been going through and editing that as we've been talking here tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!

Nice tip, I just did this with my site. Thanks!

Super Member Scott@IncrediblyDetailed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I noticed that the other day too. I am new to WordPress and after noticing all this happening with the search results I installed a plugin called "all in one SEO" or something like that. It jacked up all my headers and changed the description of my homepage to the title of my most recent post. I have actually been going through and editing that as we've been talking here tonight.
    Try seo by Yoast. It's excellent. I use it and if you have questions PM ill be glad to help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scott@IncrediblyDetailed View Post
    Try seo by Yoast. It's excellent. I use it and if you have questions PM ill be glad to help.
    Thanks for the recommendation! I'll be sure to check it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Mark, very impressive how you are helping out another fellow detailer. I went to your website, it's very well put together...very easy to manuever, and visually appealing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07RS4 View Post
    Mark, very impressive how you are helping out another fellow detailer. I went to your website, it's very well put together...very easy to manuever, and visually appealing
    Thanks! It was professionally designed under my strict instruction, so I can't take all or very much of the credit. The company that designed it did a wonderful job and captured my wishes and vision beautifully.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123