autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    It does, but I don't use it that often, once every few months or so. If you drive into work with shiny black tyres they make fun of you. They already laugh at me for having the shiniest 4x4 in the carpark. They do know it's probably the fastest as well, though.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    The co workers are just jealous!

2. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I wouldn't go so far as "sucks", but diluting Brake Buster really diminishes it's cleaning ability.

Up until recently, I just used it a full strength and appreciated it's ability to strip tires and clean wheels.

This past week, I tried using Brake Buster at 50/50 in a foam cannon.

These wheels were not especially dirty, but it seemed to deal with them fine. However, the dilution removed the ability to clean the tires properly.

My suggestion would be to use Brake Buster undiluted for tires. If you intend to use it regularly, then most certainly dilute it. If you are only going to use to deep clean every few months, then just use it a full strength.
    Also remember when diluting in foam cannon cannister you are technically not using 50/50. It gets diluted again mixing with the water from hose coming out of cannon.

Just guesstimating but your probably closer to 10/90. Think about how much total solution comes out of the cannon compared to little reservoir.

I used a true 50/50 ratio out of a IK Foamer and it cleaned no better than soap and water so yea, in my experience, it sucked….

The product no diluted:

There are definitely better Tire cleaners and wheel cleaners that will clean grimier wheels better but if you maintain your wheels this works excellent and at a great price.

Pretty much all I use on personal wheels and tires except soap/water and a dedicated tire cleaner for deep spring cleaning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    Does the Autoglym tyre shine have silicone in it?

If it does a water based tyre shine will be better as in the long run silicone will dry out the rubber due to the oils in it
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    It does, but I don't use it that often, once every few months or so. If you drive into work with shiny black tyres they make fun of you. They already laugh at me for having the shiniest 4x4 in the carpark. They do know it's probably the fastest as well, though.

There are two Autoglym tire dressings, both contain Silicone.

Instant Tyre Dressing is a runnier liquid and is very similar to use as Duragloss 253. I really liked this one, it was also a great engine bay dressing.

High Performance Tyre Gel is a thicker product. This one has to be used carefully as it will otherwise sling quite badly, the main reason I stopped using it. Smelled nice though.

6. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Looks absolutely fantastic but what’s an i30?
    It's what this model is called in Australia...the i30N sedan. With how futuristic the car looks it should have a letter/number name, LOL.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

The EN has been sitting since Friday after work, rained a bit yesterday and just sat, so got after it this morning about 5:30 a.m. I'll be heading to FuelFed Winnetka C&C this morning and want a freshly cleaned car for the ride out to hang out with the "rich folk"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I started by using up my P&S Pearl, 5 oz and 2 oz of Bilt-Hamber Auto-foam in my Griot's Garage foam gun and foamed down the EN and let dwell. While the soap was dwelling I turned to the tires and wheels. I used my go to, Brake Buster @3:1 and for a maintenance product it can't be beat! Only needed 3 brushes this time around. Once done I rinsed the EN down, followed by free flowing water.

Drying the car was tricky because it's kinda "dewy" out this morning, took 3 towels to dry the EN. I'm sure it's going to need a touch up when I get there, no worriesWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

9. Likes Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    The EN has been sitting since Friday after work, rained a bit yesterday and just sat, so got after it this morning about 5:30 a.m. I'll be heading to FuelFed Winnetka C&C this morning and want a freshly cleaned car for the ride out to hang out with the "rich folk"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I started by using up my P&S Pearl, 5 oz and 2 oz of Bilt-Hamber Auto-foam in my Griot's Garage foam gun and foamed down the EN and let dwell. While the soap was dwelling I turned to the tires and wheels. I used my go to, Brake Buster @3:1 and for a maintenance product it can't be beat! Only needed 3 brushes this time around. Once done I rinsed the EN down, followed by free flowing water.

Drying the car was tricky because it's kinda "dewy" out this morning, took 3 towels to dry the EN. I'm sure it's going to need a touch up when I get there, no worriesWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I had the opposite problem, everything was drying too fast. That's why I had redo the glass after going for a drive, I could see tiny water spots everywhere on the windows, couldn't notice them on the paint though.

Post Thanks / Like

Finished product of yesterdays work.

Polished with 3d aat502 on lc force white pads/flex supa beast.

Then an application of gyeon pure evo. Followed by a wipedown of gyeon pure for a piece of mind, since theres chance of rain tonight.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

12. Likes Big Dave, SNP209, DFB, oneheadlite, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Sucks diluted. You could use in lightly soiled wheels but does nothing for tires. Equal to a good soap and water.
    I found this out the hard way LOL

14. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Normal maintenance wash on the truck. Hot in PA this weekend. Did it about 6:30 PM Saturday. Gave a chance for the sun to start setting. It was sunny but not too bad.

Sadly, have to go in today for 4 hours. 5-9. Waste of gas for me! I will make it up on the back end though. I will have a 4 day weekend this week. Took Friday off.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

16. Likes Big Dave, DFB, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My quick headlight enhancement, done by hand.

Before.

After.

Pics were taken 3min. apart.
    Just a little bit of Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish.

Page 872 of 1250 FirstFirst ... 372772822862863864865866867868869870871872873874875876877878879880881882922972 ... LastLast