autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Uber Coating

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    I am still amazed at the outcome. I have tested 1/2 dozen or other coatings, and this one is so easy and without issue. The glossy look is amazing.
    Of the 4 coatings I have used this was the easiest by far. Looks great too. Now just have to see how it holds up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ebg18t View Post
    I ended up coating everything.. Looks awesome!
    How'd it work out for you on the notoriously 'tender' Subaru paint?

Have a black 2016 WRX I plan on doing Wolfgang duo + Wolfgang Uber Ceramic on this Spring. So far I have found that looking at it wrong will mar/scratch/swirl the Subaru 'environmentally friendly' paint.

Long time Zaino devotee but they don't seem to be doing much new so looking for something more...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    How'd it work out for you on the notoriously 'tender' Subaru paint?

Have a black 2016 WRX I plan on doing Wolfgang duo + Wolfgang Uber Ceramic on this Spring. So far I have found that looking at it wrong will mar/scratch/swirl the Subaru 'environmentally friendly' paint.

Long time Zaino devotee but they don't seem to be doing much new so looking for something more...
    I polished the paint with CarPro Reflect (LC white & blue pads on Flex), wiped down with BlackFire Crystal Coat Prep then applied the WG Uber Ceramic.

The paint corrected easy and looked awesome. I am optimistic that the WG Uber Ceramic provides good protection & holds up well. I will be polishing off the CQUK on my Touareg soon and applying the WG Uber Ceramic.

Post Thanks / Like

When applying the coating to and around the badges, how easy is it to apply inbetween the letters and then to level off any high spots?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cabrio View Post
    When applying the coating to and around the badges, how easy is it to apply inbetween the letters and then to level off any high spots?
    I did the rear gate last so at that point the whole pad had coating on it. I used the edge to get inside and in/around the badging-lettering. Worked out just fine.

I didn't have any issues, but I kept a few q-tips handy in case I saw a high spot around the lettering. In all honesty I might have a high spot inside/around the badging, but I couldn't see it.

Post Thanks / Like

I did the rear gate last so at that point the whole pad had coating on it. I used the edge to get inside and in/around the badging-lettering. Worked out just fine.

I didn't have any issues, but I kept a few q-tips handy in case I saw a high spot around the lettering. In all honesty I might have a high spot inside/around the badging, but I couldn't see it.
    Thanks for the tip/education. I may be applying the coating tomorrow...we'll see if I chicken out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cabrio View Post
    Thanks for the tip/education. I may be applying the coating tomorrow...we'll see if I chicken out.
    It's super easy to apply.

I would suggest priming the LC Applicator with 2 lines, then do a panel. I started with a fender. Do your right-> left then up->down. Let it sit for 1 minute, then go over again with the applicator to level it (do not add more coating to applicator), right ->left then up->down. Then sit 1 minute. Now you can use the MF towel to level any spots that haven't flashed, there shouldn't be much to level. You should see the coating flashing as you wait the minute.

For the next section I just used 1 line of coating on the LC applicator and repeated what I listed above.

I like it so much I just ordered another kit. Going to remove CQUK from our other car and apply Uber to it.

Don't forget you can use Uber on almost everything exterior: paint, hard plastic, glass, wheels, etc..

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

In 2 to 3 years what will be the plan for product removal in these tight areas? Appearance / esthetics if ignored?
    Rick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rhk531 View Post
    In 2 to 3 years what will be the plan for product removal in these tight areas? Appearance / esthetics if ignored?
    Rick
    I'll probably use some polish on a little detailing stick-sponge (not sold on AG). Not overly worried about it though. If kept clean I might just be able to pre-treat and coat over it.

Post Thanks / Like

I am now buying this coating, because of all your reviews. For you guys who have used, or are using the WGUC, and have used it on all exterior surfaces mentioned. For maintenance, do you just wash the car with your chosen car wash(like Auto Bathe), rinse, and dry off and that that's it? Then you are ready to go?

No window cleaner on Glass, No booster's needed like Spritz Sealant. I mean that sounds pretty awesome to be able to eliminate the need for the normal maintenance products.

Since I'm new to coatings, I just wanted to make sure what I needed for followup, if anything?

Thanks you all and take care!

Ray

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast