autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How soon to reapply Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0?

Hey guys! Been reading everything I can on AG about car detailing. With so much info out there about car care you guys really break it down so a noob like me can understand it. Okay...I purchased a 2011 Lexus about 2 weeks ago and plan on applying Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 after a good wash/dry/claying. The paint actually looks pretty good on the car with no swirls. (Matador Red Mica). Would I be wasting Sealant if I reapplied it say every month? Does it "build up" for added protection? You guys rock! Thanks, John.
    Mike Honcho

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How soon to reapply Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0?

I say yes you would be wasting it. I used it on my wife's car that sits outside 24/7 and it lasted 5 months.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the quick reply GR. What do you recommend for a monthly "tune up" or is the Wolfgang 3.0 all I need until reapplying every 5-6 months?
    Mike Honcho

Post Thanks / Like

From my experience the sealant works great by itself. If you wanted to you could top it with your favorite wax.

Post Thanks / Like

On my F150 I did 2 coats, it's out side 2 coats as well on my wife's car it's garaged.
    I may boost it with 845 here and there....

Post Thanks / Like

How often you reapply depends on your conditions and care. Really hot temperatures and sun are likely to degrade the sealant as are lots of rain, acid rain, winter salt, etc. Also how often you wash, what shampoo you use, and your washing/drying technique will have some effect as well.

I would not consider reapplying once a month "wasting", but merely providing the best protection. After all, many use a spray wax at every wash, which could be more often than once a week, and no one accuses them of wasting spray wax. However, you may be able to get more than a month before the properties degrade to the point at which you'd like a refresh.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    How often you reapply depends on your conditions and care. Really hot temperatures and sun are likely to degrade the sealant as are lots of rain, acid rain, winter salt, etc. Also how often you wash, what shampoo you use, and your washing/drying technique will have some effect as well.

I would not consider reapplying once a month "wasting", but merely providing the best protection. After all, many use a spray wax at every wash, which could be more often than once a week, and no one accuses them of wasting spray wax. However, you may be able to get more than a month before the properties degrade to the point at which you'd like a refresh.
    Setec's reasoning sounds logical. I figure it's better to stay on top of a vehicle's condition, rather than lag and wait too long between re-applications. This would help insure many years from the paint finish with little to no degradation as time passes.

On average, I'd say 5-6 weeks would probably be about optimum.
    This all depends upon the time you are willing to invest. There are times, because of weather, or other personal demands, that one cannot refresh as often as they like. That's the purpose I suppose of using durable sealants, waxes or coatings. Less maintainence for the owner.

As also mentioned, many use spray waxes or other products like detail sprays after a wash, and something like Duragloss Aquawax, or another such durable but very easy to use product after a wash will help stretch the longevity of the initial-original LSP.

I'd figure on average, one will probably use about 1oz of WGDGPS 3.0 per application on an average vehicle, so this will give you some idea how long any given size bottle will last.

The product spreads well, and goes pretty far, and as others would say, just like I've found, laying down heavy coats adds no benefit and in fact can maybe make removal a little more work. 3.0 is an outstanding product, superb I'd say, and is very easy to apply and remove. Gives breathtaking final results!
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!!!
    Mike Honcho

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, 1 oz. per car! I didn't realize it took such a small amount to achieve great results.
    Mike Honcho

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lexus Man View Post
    Wow, 1 oz. per car! I didn't realize it took such a small amount to achieve great results.
    I'd say once you develop your application technique, you should be able to use less than that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast