autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ? About WolfGang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant

When you put another coating of a different product on top of the sealant, you lose the surface properties of the sealant. WGDGPS has anti-static properties to help keep dust and dirt from sticking. Adding a wax is just asking for dust and dirt to stick. I wish I had gotten some video or pictures, but I had an FJ Cruiser that I kept WGDGPS on, and took it off roading and hit quite a bit of mud, and when I was done, I only had mud on the wheels and on the side rails. Nothing stuck to the paint. It still looked freshly cleaned on the painted surfaces.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! Revising a blast from the past thread! What looked good in 2012 looks good now!
    Mike Honcho

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rod73 View Post
    Has anyone topped WGDPS 3.0 with Fuzion specifically within 4 hours and not had any problems with the durability or protection?
    I added fuzion atop the sealant but not after 4 hours. The guess I can assume are two scenarios. When you applied fuzion maybe just maybe you rubbed off some off the sealant which got replaced by the coat of wax. That would definitely affect the durability since the sealant 3.0 last up 6 months and wax maybe two months. The other scenario is it will just take longer to cure. Not really sure how to tell what happened. If it were I would start all over and redo it for piece of mind. It is best to follow manufacturers directions so we do not second guess ourselves. Next time wait the 12 hours for cure time. You can always add the wax later. For added protection I use WG deep gloss paint sealant spray as booster.

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraDetailing View Post
    When you put another coating of a different product on top of the sealant, you lose the surface properties of the sealant. WGDGPS has anti-static properties to help keep dust and dirt from sticking. Adding a wax is just asking for dust and dirt to stick. I wish I had gotten some video or pictures, but I had an FJ Cruiser that I kept WGDGPS on, and took it off roading and hit quite a bit of mud, and when I was done, I only had mud on the wheels and on the side rails. Nothing stuck to the paint. It still looked freshly cleaned on the painted surfaces.
    I agree with auroradetailing. I applied fuzion and it did change how the sealant is supposed to act alone. The fuzion did not bead and sheet water off as good as the sealant by itself. The fuzion attracted dust more also. The vehicle did have a nice deep look with fuzion.

So now to add lasting protection, I use WG deep gloss spritz sealant spray once every 2 months, it adds continued protection and brings back the properties of WG sealant 3.0. It is a very good booster/quick detailer. In between washes I use WG detail spritz, keeps the gloss and slickness, one off the better products I have ever used as quick detailer. Easy to use and keeps the dust away pretty good. For me I will not top the Wg sealant 3.0 with wax anymore unless I am going to be out of town for awhile and want some added protection or want a nice deep look.

Haha yup just noticed it was an old thread, but I am new to wg sealant this year and so far love it. Looks great and makes cleaning super easy.

Post Thanks / Like

Part of my thinking behind that being that two are in the same family and with the Fuzion having the same kind of polymers with carnauba that they would compliment more as opposed to being a detriment to the protection together.

Post Thanks / Like

Topping DGPS 3.0 with Fuzion under 12 hours is something I haven't done. I was just asking to explore what I can do, consequences etc.

I have topped Liquid Seal after an hour with Fuzion with good results.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rod73 View Post
    Part of my thinking behind that being that two are in the same family and with the Fuzion having the same kind of polymers with carnauba that they would compliment more as opposed to being a detriment to the protection together.
    Makes sense since they are very similar to each other BUT I think that even though they are similar they act differently. WG sealant 3.0 needs the 12 hour time to cure because it actually bonds to the paint for the durability, which is why it last up to 6 months. While fuzion does not bond to the paint like the sealant, it is more of a topper. So if you mix the two before the sealant fully cures then in my opinion you are jeopardizing the sealant to bond. I don't know the science or chemistry behind all this but they know more about their product than we could ever know. So if they say 12 hour cure time I am sure there is a reason behind it. My guess is like I stated earlier, for complete bonding. As far as working together yes they work well together and compliment each other. I just like the sealant properties better alone than the two combined. Just personal preference.

Post Thanks / Like

Love Wolfgang 3.0 works great
    Heart Soul Auto Mobile Detail

Post Thanks / Like

what collonite beads water better and how long does it last

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by edgar sanchez View Post
    what collonite beads water better
    and how long does it last
    From my experience...
    I honestly don't believe there is
    a Collinite that beads water better.

However...
    My criteria for what defines: good,
    better, or even best water-beading,
    may be entirely different than yours.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I topped with Collinite 845 about an hour after the WG.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast