autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang paint sealant why have you forsaken me?

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoRed View Post
    I still say those water spots were there before the WGDGPS was applied. They are not the size and shape of spots on a new LSP. And since we now know that a wax spreader was used instead if a proper machine, existing spots would not have been removed.
    I think one way to test would be to get the car wet again. If the water beads differently than the spots, the spots were not just created but have been there the whole time. Also just because the paint on the hood is only a year old doesn't mean it can't have spots.
    I must agree, I'm forced to park outside, and usually under a gigantic tree. I've NEVER had spots like that after a rain, or sprinkle. Maybe those were there before?

I don't use Wolfgang products, Chemical guys, has been pretty good to me though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robovalzuniga View Post
    I must agree, I'm forced to park outside, and usually under a gigantic tree. I've NEVER had spots like that after a rain, or sprinkle. Maybe those were there before?

I don't use Wolfgang products, Chemical guys, has been pretty good to me though.

Well don't try anything else. Cause once you do, you'll realize how crappy CG polishes/waxes are and become pissed that you wasted your money on it lol.

Post Thanks / Like

The suspense is killing me!!! Has the OP washed the car yet to see if the spots were removable?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    The suspense is killing me!!! Has the OP washed the car yet to see if the spots were removable?
    Haha, it rained today so I figured washing it to see if the spots would come out would be a waste of time. I might get to it tomorrow, but it's supposed to be only 60 degrees so I may panzy out. For some positive news, the water still beaded upon both the hood and roof regardless of the existing water spots. As far as the spots being there before I applied the sealant, I'm nearly 100% sure they were not. If they were present, they've been there for 2 years since I bought the vehicle, and were so insignificant they weren't noticeable.

If washing doesn't remove the spots it looks like I'll be spending quite a bit of money on the PC 7424XP . I was just trying to save some money!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mobile detail View Post
    Well don't try anything else. Cause once you do, you'll realize how crappy CG polishes/waxes are and become pissed that you wasted your money on it lol.
    Hey Mobile, would you mind please sending me a private message? I am curious about your insight on Chemical Guys, I have know about them for years and years, but until last week never used their products because honestly 'something' about their company and image/reputation has always left me skeptical. I'm NOT trying to put them down in any way, because I actually just ordered a few GALLONS of their products, including their washes and also the new V7 Optical Paint Sealant.

Perhaps I should just stick with Ultima and Meg's, but I am always looking to try new products... so please fill me in on your findings, I love honest feedback when it comes from the voices of experience, thanks!
    "Don't Drive Dull!"
    Carsmetic Rehabilitation Detailologist: Aesthetic Actualization

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile detail View Post
    The real Lol are adults getting offended at suggestions that a high priced product may OR may not perform better than a not so expensive product.

To your less than eloquently stated position, yes CG makes plenty of sub par products. But I've used a few that really hit the ball out if the ball park.

Like, V7, Black light, 50/50 wax, and Citrus Wash & Gloss.

Zaino much? Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robovalzuniga View Post
    The real Lol are adults getting offended at suggestions that a high priced product may OR may not perform better than a not so expensive product.

To your less than eloquently stated position, yes CG makes plenty of sub par products. But I've used a few that really hit the ball out if the ball park.

Like, V7, Black light, 50/50 wax, and Citrus Wash & Gloss.

Zaino much? Lol.
    V7 is in the mail, I've never tried it, but it has such good feedback, I bought a gallon off the bat.

What would you say is best for stripping a car to start from scratch, taking off all wax (and of course dirt, at the same time)? I have always relied on the old standby Dawn, but does something else exist much better for this specific purpose?
    "Don't Drive Dull!"

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic_Detailing View Post
    V7 is in the mail, I've never tried it, but it has such good feedback, I bought a gallon off the bat.

What would you say is best for stripping a car to start from scratch, taking off all wax (and of course dirt, at the same time)? I have always relied on the old standby Dawn, but does something else exist much better for this specific purpose?
    Well if you want to strip and oxidize your paint, then go for it..........

There are many products(prob one+ per brand) to suit this need.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well guys, here's my poor excuse for a picture. The sun was too far down to get a good glare pic so this is one is the best I could do with the sub-par camera.

So I washed it at the wand wash and ended up with this. I was impressed with how well the water still beaded on the whole vehicle. When i was powerwashing the doors, the water was just hitting them and beading straight to the ground--pretty epic. I'm wondering now if it's even worth trying the instant detailer because the spots are etched into the surface. Hard scrubbing with my hand didn't even get one small spot out.

So what do you suggest next fellas? Thanks for all the help already.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    Well if you want to strip and oxidize your paint, then go for it..........

There are many products(prob one+ per brand) to suit this need.
    Dawn will strip paint off my car(s)?
    "Don't Drive Dull!"

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast