autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sign-up: 1990 Corvette SUPER TRASHED! - Thursday, February 20th

Looking forward to working with you next Thursday evening, Mike. I also invited Jim Storch, one of my friends from the Everglades Chapter of the BMW CCA. See you then!

Post Thanks / Like

Old lady working can't make it, sorry guys.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, just wanted to thank my car detailing hero Mike Phillips for setting this one up for me, it is always a blast at the Autogeek studio!!

As a car guy for the last 25 years, I cant believe how little I knew about paint polishing and detailing before I met the crew at Autogeek. The tools and products they have available are the best in the industry and allow a semi-talented guy like me to detail a car like a pro!!!

I am fortunate enough to live near the Autogeek headquarters and this is third car that Mike and his crew of super knowledgeable guys has helped me out with!!

I bought this corvette to sell to fund my 1971 Chevelle SS 454 pro touring project that will be out of the bodyshop by the end of the month and the bills on this car are racking up so it will be a great help to me to have this car in beautiful shape so I can get top dollar for it.

I look forward to seeing all you guys this Thursday and will have pizza and drinks there as usual...

Thanks again for all your help with my TRASHED out paint job and beers are on me after we are done!!!!!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Radarryan View Post

Hey Mike, question regarding one of the pictures I saw of the Iron-X decontamination of the paint... I saw that he got the product on his white soft top and there was iron because the Iron-X turned purple.
    This pictures from this thread...

Car Wash Day at Autogeek

Was there any ill effects of getting Iron-X on the top? It's not the type or product (at least in my mind, which, of course, could be wrong) that you would want to get on a white cloth material.
    We so no problems, at least no visible problems. There's also no warnings about getting this product on convertible tops, at least not on the store page for it.

Iron X

Also, since we did see a reaction when the Iron-X encountered the top, what is the consequence of having iron contamination on a soft top and how would one go about decontaminating it?
    The iron particles seen bleeding read in the cloth top could come from any source of air-borne pollution. If there was a heavy enough concentration you could see the white top get orange rust stains, I've seen this before.

How much harm tiny iron particles can do to a convertible top I don't know? Probably not a lot. Some of these particles may have washed off after Jay agitated the top with a Boars Hair Brush and some Marine 31 Mildew Remover? No way of knowing.

One thing for sure... it's clean!

We'll be applying Marine 31 Mildew Guard to it next Thursday night.

Thanks for your continued help!

No problemo... I like doing the Thursday night projects and always try to have a good mix of both new cars and classics and everything in-between.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by jrocknroll View Post

I bought this corvette to sell to fund my 1971 Chevelle SS 454 pro touring project that will be out of the bodyshop by the end of the month and the bills on this car are racking up so it will be a great help to me to have this car in beautiful shape so I can get top dollar for it.
    Have no fear Jay... we're going to use Blackfire SRC Compound and SRC Finishing Polish for this project and I'm confident when we're done the paint is going to look better than when this 2-door Plastic Fantastic rolled off the assembly line.

Quote Originally Posted by jrocknroll View Post
    I look forward to seeing all you guys this Thursday and will have pizza and drinks there as usual...

Thanks again for all your help with my TRASHED out paint job and beers are on me after we are done!!!!!

Sounds good!

For everyone that's attending, after the project is over we'll be meeting at the Marriot right down the road where we hold our Boot Camp Class "Meet & Greets" for some cold drinks.

Mike Phillips

Just to note, we'll be using rotary buffers for this project, so if you've never used a rotary buffer before here's your chance....

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to it!

Super Member antti@561detailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to sign up, but I don't have a ride from West Palm Beach, we share one car with my wife currently.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by TakaSuti View Post

I want to sign up, but I don't have a ride from West Palm Beach, we share one car with my wife currently.

Anyone coming up from the West Palm Beach area that can help with a ride?

Post Thanks / Like

10 on 10 with a three O'clock pickup with the rotary.You see I read your articles Mike and have the opportunity to hone the skills at the AGG.
    "Chrome wheeled, fuel injected and steppin' out over the line"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast