autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Car Wash Day at Autogeek

Car Wash Day at Autogeek

The local Ferrari Club was going to meet at Autogeek and then caravan to a car collection and we offered to give them a tour of the Autogeek facilities including our show car garage this last Sunday.

So I figured I would wash our Mercedes-Benz and test out the new Black Label Coating Booster.

My buddy Jay just bought a 1990 Corvette to flip so I invited him to come by and wash his Vette and I wanted some eye candy in the garage for the Ferrari club so I asked my brother-in-law to bring in his Lotus.

So it turned into car wash day at Autogeek for the three of us before the Ferrari club arrived.

Here's Jay spraying his top with Marine 31 Mildew Remover as the top had a few mildew spots on it.

Here's Jay spraying down the original paint with Iron X

There's not a lot of iron contamination but that's actually a good thing. Iron X is one of those product you want to use but you don't actually want to see massive contamination as that means your paint has been corroding.

We buffed out the Lotus the weekend before Mobil Tech Expo and sealed it with Wolfgang Fuzion. The paint was clean but the wheels had brake dust so PJ only washed the wheels and tires on his Lotus.

This was the first time Jay had seen and used a Foam gun....

Jay's new favorite car washing tool.

We'll be seeing Jay and his Corvette in the near future to de-swirl it.

In the below shots you can see the tattle-tell signs of holograms which means this car has been buffed out by someone that doesn't know how to use a rotary buffer.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car Wash Day at Autogeek

Awesome! Look forward to seeing some pictures from the car club as well.
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Mike Phillips

Continued....

Ah yes... a little eye-candy for the Ferrari Club members... I overheard a number of people say they'd like to get the paint on thier Ferrari to look this good.

Jay's Corvette, all washed, dried and ready to buff... the paint actually looks pretty good inside the garage out of the sun but the reality is it's a swirled-out mess.

And here's the SLK after washing, drying and then using the new Black Label Coating Booster on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post

Ah yes... a little eye-candy for the Ferrari Club members... I overheard a number of people say they'd like to get the paint on their Ferrari to look this good.

This makes me think back to a thread where forum member "Vegas Transplant" called me shrewd......

I call it setting up a great plan to build for future opportunity....I might have learned this too from you Mike...

Nice job on setting up the eye candy!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work Mike. Everything looks great. As a Coast Guard Vet I like Jay's license plate.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post

I call it setting up a great plan to build for future opportunity....I might have learned this too from you Mike...

Nice job on setting up the eye candy!!

Thanks....

The paint on the Lotus looks as good and even better in person and yellow just seems to "POP" on our black and red tile RaceDeck TuffShield floor.

I meet a lot of local car enthusiasts in the South Florida area and most everyone I meet knows the Autogeek name but not everyone is 100% for sure what we do and what we have to offer.

So having the opportunity to share that with an audience of what I would consider serious car enthusiasts is always a positive experience for all parties.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep...we custom detailers up north are demographically challenged for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice updates on the lotus and the mercedes. The vette will make a nice project. Looking forward on what you do with Jay's vette.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post

Nice updates on the lotus and the mercedes.

The Lotus always looks great. When we buffed this car out before Mobil Tech Expo we ended up using Wolfgang Fuzion for our LSP and that's all it's had put on it except wiping with Detailer's Waterless Auto Wash.

I have a write-up in the works for the Mercedes-Benz as yesterday it was attacked by Martins, (local birds), and it was pretty gross what they did to the paint.

The good news is with just a blast of water the paint cleaned up and no visible signs of etchings from bird droppings.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post

The vette will make a nice project. Looking forward on what you do with Jay's vette.

Here's the link to the thread for the write-up showing the before, during and after pictures....

1990 Corvette - Extreme Makeover Pictures & Process

Post Thanks / Like

It's certainly nice to see everyone outdoors there. Being able to detail your favorite ride is something we'd all love to be doing but unfortunately for those of us north of Georgia it'll be a while longer.....OH, don't forget your sunblock!

PS: It snowed here again last night so I just got in from plowing and shoveling.

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast