autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

STEPS in Detailing a CAR

Hi im new to detailing and today i actually kind of detailed my car, i wash it, clayed it and glazed it. i ran out of time to put sealant and wax because it was getting late and was already dark when i put the glaze on.

Can i put a wax and sealant the next day because it has been washed, clay and glaze already or do i have to do everything all at once. Thank you guys for your time.

Post Thanks / Like
    yes you can wax/ sealent the next day just quick detail the car so you are applying wax to clean surface

Post Thanks / Like
    Well there will be some tiny debris on your car when you get back to it and put sealant/wax on it. So whenever you decide to apply it I would recommend to just grab your favorite quick detailer and plush microfiber towel and just clean it that way or better yet, use a rinseless or waterless wash to clean your car without taking out the hose and bucket and stuff. That's what I would do if I were to apply a coat of wax the next day! Good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AG Online

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: STEPS in Detailing a CAR

thank you guys, I just didnt know how to go about doing stuff, i always thought about it as do it all in 1 day but it takes forever. I have a quick detailer and i also have a waterless wash. i have always been using the chemical guys eco smart and just today i actually washed it with the pressure washer and foam canon. I just got all my chemicals for detailing last month and wanted to wash and detail my own cars. Im just learning how to do all this stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum. You have now been bitten by the car detailing bug.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by krazykj03 View Post

Can i put a wax and sealant the next day because it has been washed, clay and glaze already or do i have to do everything all at once. Thank you guys for your time.

Perfectly okay to wax the next day or even a week later. Just make sure the car is clean so you don't accidentally rub any dirt particles over the now polished paint.

Wash or wipe clean, use a rinseless wash, waterless wash or even a spray detailer.

What are you working on?

And because Google will likely index this page and bring people looking for the actual steps, (see the thread title), here are the steps...

How To Detail Your Brand New Car by Mike Phillips