autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Best & Cheapest Air Freshener

Hey guys, been a while since I posted. I've changed my name a few times too. Some of you from way back know me as AudiLover, Black Car, (of course women detailers know me as white chocolate) and a few of you know me as the guy who taught Seajays and Tuscarora Dave everything they know.

Anyway, yesterday I had an epiphany. I went to the grocery store and bought the Downy Unstopables (they make your laundry smell better): https://www.google.com/search?q=down...w=1024&bih=653

There are about 1500 little beads in there. I put 30-40 in a 20 ounce bottle with some warm water and a sprayer. I shook it until it dissolved and WOW. It smells great! I highly recommend the fresh scent. The best part is that you can add a few more beads if you want a stronger scent.

These are meant for clothes so you know it won't stain cloth interiors and it doesn't make things sticky like other products that do the same thing. I sprayed it on my hands and it felt like nothing when it dried.

I'm confident I can make at least 20 gallons of this stuff from one $7 container. I can't comment on longevity yet but I'm thinking it will outlast or at least keep up with other products that are 10 times the price. It's so cheap you could even leave a bottle with the customer. Try it out. Even if it's not for you, you can still use it with your laundry the way it was meant to be used.

Thanks for reading guys. Been busy with new place and new job but will try to hop on more often.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use this stuff.
    http://m.homedepot.com/p/ZEP-32-oz-A...IR32/100670175

Smells great and last a very long time.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best & Cheapest Air Freshener

Quote Originally Posted by BostonDetails View Post
    Hey guys, been a while since I posted. I've changed my name a few times too. Some of you from way back know me as AudiLover, Black Car, (of course women detailers know me as white chocolate) and a few of you know me as the guy who taught Seajays and Tuscarora Dave everything they know.

Anyway, yesterday I had an epiphany. I went to the grocery store and bought the Downy Unstopables (they make your laundry smell better): https://www.google.com/search?q=down...w=1024&bih=653

There are about 1500 little beads in there. I put 30-40 in a 20 ounce bottle with some warm water and a sprayer. I shook it until it dissolved and WOW. It smells great! I highly recommend the fresh scent. The best part is that you can add a few more beads if you want a stronger scent.

These are meant for clothes so you know it won't stain cloth interiors and it doesn't make things sticky like other products that do the same thing. I sprayed it on my hands and it felt like nothing when it dried.

I'm confident I can make at least 20 gallons of this stuff from one $7 container. I can't comment on longevity yet but I'm thinking it will outlast or at least keep up with other products that are 10 times the price. It's so cheap you could even leave a bottle with the customer. Try it out. Even if it's not for you, you can still use it with your laundry the way it was meant to be used.

Thanks for reading guys. Been busy with new place and new job but will try to hop on more often.
    Thanks for the tip!

Which scent did you use Lush, Spring, Shimmer or Fresh?
    Second Best One Legged Detailer in The World... That top slot is unattainable

Post Thanks / Like

I used the Fresh. As for the Zep, great product. They make great stuff in general. Still, can't beat the price of the Unstopables.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 997911 View Post
    I use this stuff.
    ZEP, 32 oz. Air and Fabric Odor Eliminator, ZUAIR32 at The Home Depot - Mobile

Smells great and last a very long time.

Have to agree on the zep...If your trying to make money and save money and have your customers love their car scent,,Give zep brand a try
    Mercedes C230 Sport edition

Post Thanks / Like

I'll check it out at my local wally world today. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

FWIW....I'll share my top secret "Keep 'em coming back for more" subtle air freshener.

A light mist of Poorboys S&W on the floor mats and in the vents.
    -Jerry
    Cogito Ergo Idiot.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Mike you taught me everything I know! lol.

And I just picked some of this stuff up. Fresh scent, smells awesome! We'll see how long it lasts. Just sprayed some in my car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BostonDetails View Post

Now hold on just a second!!!! Just the other night you told me there was 1000 of those little scent pellets in each jar... Now it's 1500.... then you said you put 20-25 of the pellets into 20 ounces of warm water.... now it's 30-40 pellets.... This story keeps changing....which is it?

Thanks for the tip buddy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SeaJay's View Post
    Yes Mike you taught me everything I know! lol.
    He's a really funny guy ain't he?

Hi Jason!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSou View Post
    I'll check it out at my local wally world today. Thanks!
    Did some shopping at Walmart today... Unstoppables were on my list but the shelf was bare lol

on the same note of air freshener: after waxing my car last week with Vanilla Ice, I put the foam pad under the seat, opened the door today and truck smelled fantastic!
    Second Best One Legged Detailer in The World... That top slot is unattainable

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast