autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

A Tale of Twin Audi S5's, Corrected and Coated with Cquartz Finest...Greg Gellas Signature Detailing

In December I corrected and coated this S5. S5 Corrected and coated with Cquartz finest by Greg Gellas Signature Detailing

Unfortunately Finest wasn't able to protect the car from this damage. Luckily the owner was uninjured.

The car was totaled by insurance. The owner was devastated, that car was his baby. Luckily for him he was able to located the EXACT same car, every option, even the color was the same.

So I begin again on Scott's S5. I began with a full wash, iron-x, and a clay. I then went around and documented any paint damage.

Let's check out some paint damage.

Some deeper RIDS throughout the paint.

I began with M105 on a MF pad to level, I then followed up with M205 on a Rupes white pad. I tried a couple of combinations, but found this setup to knock out all the swirls and almost all the RIDS. You can see the correction I was able to get from these 50/50's.

Every painted surface is just as important as the next.

After correction I washed to remove any oils left from correction, [font='helvetica neue', helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I followed that up with an eraser wipe down and then it got 2 coats of Cquartz Finest. Below you can see I am waiting for Finest to flash before leveling. [/font]

I coated the wheels with Cquartz Dlux. Wear a respirator! I put about 20ml in my airbrush bottle and sprayed away. I did get some drips, but that wasn't an issue since I had to level the wheels anyway. By spraying I was able to get the barrels coated without having to remove the wheels.

Adhesive from the window sticker, that has to go, can't miss the little things

Every Cquartz Finest kit comes with a sticker, that corresponds with its warranty card.

Let check out the results.

As always, thanks for reading! Greg Gellas SignatureDetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A Tale of Twin Audi S5's, Corrected and Coated with Cquartz Finest...Greg Gellas Signature Detailing

Excellent work! That is why we only use finest!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A Tale of Twin Audi S5's, Corrected and Coated with Cquartz Finest...Greg Gellas Signature Detailing

I feel for the owner! Luckily he could find a very close replacement. That thing gave off some serious reflections in those last few photos. Great work!

Super Member Corey@OptimalDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that is one beautiful color. Sucks the owner had to go through all that but it looks good again.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, the end result is stunning! Beautiful car too..
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rose
    I am cursed for life because I can never look at beautiful paint without seeing the defects

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great! Love that color.

2009 Ford Fusion SEL AWD
    3.0L V6, Tein H-Tech springs, Whiteline RSB, 35% Tints, HD Lip, Magnaflow Axle Back
    2015 Ford Fusion 2.0 Ecoboost AWD

Post Thanks / Like

Stunning work Tim! Looks incredible!

Post Thanks / Like

Great color on that car. The S5 is all detailed up perfectly, wearing a nice pink bow tie, ready for a night out on the town.

Post Thanks / Like

Holy bad wash technique! That car was really destroyed. Looks like the dealer or original owner used a broom and a house towel..

But fantastic work! The blue is so deep!

Mike Phillips

Nice save... beautiful color...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Gellas View Post

Some deeper RIDS throughout the paint.
    RIDS - The Definition of RIDS and the story behind the term...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Gellas View Post

Every painted surface is just as important as the next.

I agree...

If it has paint... it gets polished...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast