autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you everyone for all the nice stuff you had to say about my car and work, it means alot

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    its quite hard to have silver reflect, several pics show just that, nice work ! (please dont take pics with birdie doo-doo on car my heart fluddered)
    Tell me about it...
    Quick boring story... I have a 5-car garage at my family's house, which is quite large for the area I live in. It isnt nice and new or anything, but its great to have, only problem was 3/4 of it was completely FILLED with junk, from various members of my family. The crowning glory of all the junk is a rotting, rusted, torn apart '66 mustang vert. So it finally, after countless years, got cleaned out by me and my father. Took 3 days, we COMPLETELY filled a 30yard dumpster in two of the days. Anyway the point to all this is my car had to sit outside instead of in the one garage that is clear for me to park and work in for about 5 days. It was also blocked in behind the dumpster, and I had to drive my other POS the whole time . On the last day, the day I started the detail, I came outside in the morning and saw the bird bombs, and almost had a heart attack! My aunt was thee and saw me visually upset about the poop, and now I have a feeling she thinks I've gone nuts

At least I got to them in time, my garage is finally (mostly) cleaned up, and the car is good and shiny now!

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are the interior pictures I promised. It wasnt very dirty to begin with, just need a once over for all the dust and a good vacuuming.

After the vac, Wiped all surfaces down with DP Total Interior Cleaner. Like I said it wasnt dirty or anything, the DP left no residue and is by far my best smelling detailing product, mmmm bananas

Dressed all vinyl and plastic surfaces with 303 protectant using a MF applicator. I wiped it on and then buffed off with a dry MF towel. You need to apply this stuff evenly, it left a very matte clean look.

I then conditioned my leather with lexol as I usually do. I like lexol because of how easy it is to apply (another MF applicator). After drying, which it does quickly, the surface is supple and never greasy or shiny. I only wish it kept the leather supple for longer, but I think the kind of leather in my car is of the stiffer "sportier" variety, not as luxury.

I usually use the Lexol leather cleaner and Lexol Vinylex, but so far I like the DP and 303. I want see if the 303 repels or attracts dust, my interior always seems to get dusty.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mate,

as I said in another thread - nice GTO.

I do prefer the standard Monaro Grille/Bumper to the GTO version for some reason (probably because it is more familiar).

Great ride and always good to see an Aussie car kept in great condition.

The Jersey plates bring back memories of a 3000 mile trip during my last holiday in the States.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dontsleeponit View Post

WOW great job and love the pics! Thanks for sharing!
    Thanks,
    Tonya AKA twinkle toes
    Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwile achievement - Henry Ford

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123