autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

S65 AMG, Range Rover, and GL450

Whew! What a day. This was a new client with some great connections. He is going to have me come back on a weekly basis to maintain these three vehicles and a fourth one that I haven't seen yet. The guy is a real estate investor, so I guess that explains the money. He has an extra $50K tied up in that S65 with the RENNTECH additions. I'm not sure what all they include, but the carbon fiber engine cover and some other upgrades under the hood that add an extra hundred or so HP are involved.

The Range Rover got a wash, clay, and XMT 360. The GL450 got the same treatment. The S65 got a wash, clay, and then Four Star Light Cutting Compound followed by Wolfgang. All in all I'd say they came out pretty good. They were all 2007 model years, so how bad could they really have been, right? Still, it isn't every day that I get to detail $300,000 worth of cars.

Ok, here we go. Prepare for the photos.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I had to

Some nice cars there, you got em looking great! Do you know if those are the stock wheels on the GL? Look pretty nice if they are... In your pics the GL450 really looks like it has the same body as a new grand cherokee

anyone else see it?

Post Thanks / Like
    You got those looking mint condition. Fun cars to see. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    those are not stock GL wheels.
    Frank
    Thanks to AG I only wipe my butt with MF's now

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice vehicles there, your detailing is impresive they all look really good. On the Rangerover you show a picture of the interior, did you do anything to the interior? The rason I ask is becuase it looks really good inside that and I'm curious...if you did not do anything in the interior the owner takes good care of his vehicles becuase it looks like it has not even been driven once. Another question, what did you use on those rims? What did you use in the engine compartment(s)? Sorry for the questions just curious, all the vehicles look incredable.

Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony you always impress me with your work, thanks for sharing. I've learned alot from posts and web site.
    All vehicles look awesome, beautiful pics too....
    What is your process in and around Badges and emblems? I've been using a tooth brush and DG#921 or PB S&W. Boy, yours looks awesome....
    Please do tell.....

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Slick Stixx that I bought from Danase.com for the emblems. There is a tip that is just pointy enough to get into the emblems and clean them up. Put a towel on the end of it and it does a great job. I've got a couple detailing brushes with rubber chisel tips that help out too. Customers (and everybody else) hate a nice clean car with crusty emblems. It is important that you clean up after yourself if you aren't masking them off to begin with. I'm comfortable cleaning up, so I don't mask them.

The Range Rover was pretty messed up inside. He had just gotten back from vacation and it was really dirty. I didn't have the presense of mind to take before pictures, but imagine the leather with very dirty smears all over the place and all sorts of junk. I took the pictures after because I was pretty pleased how it came out. Thanks for noticing.

The engines were done by hand and with my favorite engine shining product CD2 Engine Detailer. Amazon.com is your source for that. WaxDepot.com has it too. That's about it for CD2 until Turtle Wax starts using AutoZone to distribute it a little more regularly.

The weels on the GL are Dubs. Pretty pitted and nasty Dubs I might add.

Post Thanks / Like
    Those are some fantastic cars, I'm very jealous at his collection! I can just imagine him closing a massive deal and going out one day and just buying $300K worth of cars. One day, one day...

Post Thanks / Like
    The business office next to mine, owner traded his S550 on an black S65 with black/chrome I-forged wheels. I didn't really care for the style beforehand, but god damn after seeing his, such a sick, sharp looking car. Love it. No RennTech mods yet though lol.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfer
    The business office next to mine, owner traded his S550 on an black S65 with black/chrome I-forged wheels. I didn't really care for the style beforehand, but god damn after seeing his, such a sick, sharp looking car. Love it. No RennTech mods yet though lol.
    could you please leave "God's" name out of your posts... escpecially when you use it like that. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast