autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Detailed:2006 Durango(not 56k friendly)

Some of you remember my post http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...pc-7424-a.html

Well here is the full write up:

Washed with gold class
    Clayed with clay magic
    polished with Opt Polish(old formula) and LC orange 5.5 pad.
    polished with DP Finial Finishing Polish and LC white 6.5 pad.
    cleaned with DG101 and LC white 4" pad
    Sealed with DG105 x3 by hand.
    Topped with DG Aqua wax.
    The wheels,wheel wells, and running board steps done with the new wet n protect.
    Mothers back to black on bumpers and trim.
    DG 101 on all glass including the windshield, the rest of the glass also got a thin coat of DG105. (no DG105 on the windshield)

This was my first full exterior detail using multiple steps and the PC 7424. Washing and claying were no big deal. If you are a new and scared to clay your car for the firsr time I suggest you clay your windows first to get the feeling for it. You cannot scratch your windows with the clay.

Since this was my first I did tape the seals, I highly recomend you do this the frst few times.

Polishing with the OPT Polish turned out well, I think I put too much product on my pad and worked to small of an area. Turned out ok but i took me 8 hours to do the whole truck. I also dont think I worked the polish in long enough. I will use the OPT again in the future, i like the product very much. I had to let the truck sit over night because after 8 hours the PC feels like 50lbs of lead.

Day 2:

The DP FFP worked out well I used it per directions and the results were great. Left the surface squeaky clean and wet looking.

I moved on to the DG101 I used this more like AIO I put it on without really working it in. Let it bond for about 45 min. Buffed out by hand. Due to time and work I had to drive the truck for two days.

Day 3:

Washed using DG101. Love this stuff. Dried and let the truck sit for a few hours. Did a coat of DG105 by hand let it sit for an hour. Removed by hand. This stuff comes off very clean and easy. Let the truck sit overnight.

Day 4:

Another coat of DG105.

Drove the truck for another 3 days. Washed again.
    Another coat of DG105. Sit over night. Topped with AW.

Lessons learned.

Less is better than more. With the OPt polish if you are not sure work it some more. I could have skipped the DP FFP and gone strait to the DG101 with the white pad and worked it instead of using it like AIO.

The wet N protect is the shiz nit. I think I just saw a post of Justin using it on the Acura. It is not a foam so it gives you more control. A little goes a long way, I sprayed it on too thick and it started to run. Use it thin and wipe it around with an olf MF. I used it on the tires, looks good if you are looking for shinny, I like the natural look myself and I am going back to Meg's High endurance.

DG products worth all of the Hype. The 101 is my All in one go to now. It cleaned the water spots off my glass and chrome. I used it on my wife's chrome rims and it keeps them looking good for a lot longer than anything other product I have tried. The 105 was easy to apply and take off. Use AL's method of a little spray of AW on the pad then 105. THIN,THIN,THIN. Most of the time I just had to feel it going on. The paint felt slicker when applying it. Same with AW. Here are some pics. This is my forst write up so I hope it all turns out. I took over 200 pics.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    After polishing,DP FFP and DG101

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work and Pics!

Thanks for posting. I'm gonna miss DP's Polishes.

Some of the best out there. I'm glad I have 12 bottles of each!!!
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Now the finial pic.... I really would like to get my time down. THis was a real learning exp. I have my Wif'es Expedition to do next...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast