autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Two car clean-up. Second time with Collinite

it's that time again, fall is upon us...turning the corner towards the days that get dark early and cold temps. Time to get those cars ready!

We have a 2005 Subaru and a 2010 Toyota Yaris which I tackled over the weekend. The subi had 105+205 done with the cyclo(orange 105-green 205) followed by ZAIO and a few coats of Z2/CS in 2010. It's limited use so it still looks gorgeous. It's metallic Silver. I started on The Yaris first, washed, clay bar treatment. Upon drying, it did have some stains and swirls so after claying, I loaded the cyclo up with green pads and hit it with 205. It worked very well! The fun was about to begin as I was using collinite 476s. LOL, so many - posts about how much of a bear it is to remove, yada. I did My Sister's Mazda Tribute with 476 and 845 last year and had a ball with the stuff.

Initially, I dampened an applicator and used a very light amount. Started with the hood, then the fenders and wiped off. Cake! The rest of the process was effortless. The car really turned out nicely. I applied another coat of 476S this morning...fractionally heavier.

The Subaru needed a lot less. Per the above stated, the finish was quite clear and glossy so I clay'd it and used 3m general purpose adhesive cleaner(car was paved in tar!) to rid the road tar and grime that was on it. After that, I inspected the finish under the lights and decided it had enough clarity, ZERO oxidation so I popped some 476S on. Like The Yaris, the stuff went on like a hot knife through butter. I was a little more liberal on the roof as that is going to be taking a beating. No matter how I put it on or how long it dried, it came right off with a micro-fiber towel. I was a long time meguiar's fan, and a Zaino fan. I still like Zaino but at the time of year that is coming, I wanted to try Collinite to see how it holds up. Zaino is plenty strong and still had some beading off The Subaru in parts.

Here are a few pics of the cars. I was pleased with how they turned out

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't realize they still made that Yaris. Nice job.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Yaris is still in production. This is the old body style. . It looks as good as a newer one and I didn't get that crazy with it. If I'd used SIP or 105 first, it would have been truly flawless.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Two car clean-up. Second time with Collinite

if you used 845 top dark colors with 915 afterwards and youll see a lot deeper wet look.. looks great though man good job

Post Thanks / Like
    845 on the roof. 476S on both. Two coats. I've read 476 lasts a while. Durability is the goal. Time will tell! Thanks, I love this stuff!