autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1990 Z28 Original Owner Car

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I thought this pic was priceless and really brings it home for me....

^^ "THE" official metal head salute ^^

I can see it now, heading down the freeway and reaching for hot album cassette of the day "Empire" from Queensryche, right next to Rush "2112", Ratt, Bon Jovi, Ozzy and Metallica too.

Now, back on topic, you did an outstanding job on the car for sure, red is a beeotch for sure and you nailed it

Now as far as the car goes, why did the IROC get 15's on the later version when the early versions received 16's? Don't remember if the early version were just IROC's whereas the later ones were called both Z-28 and IROC like your 90' does.
    Chevrolet actually dropped the Z28 nomenclature for a few years. Iroc was the top performance model up from the RS. The car in the pictures is actually a base model Iroc which would have come with an LO9 TBI 305 and 15" wheels. This one was optioned up to a LB9 TPI 305.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flamed03vert View Post
    Chevrolet actually dropped the Z28 nomenclature for a few years. Iroc was the top performance model up from the RS. The car in the pictures is actually a base model Iroc which would have come with an LO9 TBI 305 and 15" wheels. This one was optioned up to a LB9 TPI 305.
    Once they added the 350 L98 (IIRC) in late 87' you'd think they would've just made all IROC's with that engine. Can you believe how far things have come since then, we've got Camaro's now with 315 hp 3.6L V6's that would trounce ALL those "specialty" factory pony cars back then, even the 89' TTA for that matter!

its great being in the new "good ole' days"
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I figure its only a matter of time before the government and EPA kills the muscle car again with some electric hybrid crap that will eventually be deadly metals and chemicals were don't know where to dispose of them.

On a side note those old 89 TTA Pace cars were NASTY FAST with the right mods. Think 87 Buick GN with a corner carving suspension and a slippery body.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought this pic was priceless and really brings it home for me....

^^ "THE" official metal head salute ^^

I can see it now, heading down the freeway and reaching for hot album cassette of the day "Empire" from Queensryche, right next to Rush "2112", Ratt, Bon Jovi, Ozzy and Metallica too.

Now, back on topic, you did an outstanding job on the car for sure, red is a beeotch for sure and you nailed it

Now as far as the car goes, why did the IROC get 15's on the later version when the early versions received 16's? Don't remember if the early version were just IROC's whereas the later ones were called both Z-28 and IROC like your 90' does.
    Thanks for the comment on the Z28. I actually kinda giggled at that finger display when I took the shot. We just got a new radio station in Detroit called "The D" that plays "classic" rock, but it's all the heavy stuff...great station!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    Thanks for the comment on the Z28. I actually kinda giggled at that finger display when I took the shot. We just got a new radio station in Detroit called "The D" that plays "classic" rock, but it's all the heavy stuff...great station!!
    I'm originally from the D, moved out here the winter of 2009-10 and have heard that station, more of the same old sheet IMO, the radio is so tied down nowadays and I bet its like this all over too. Not to hi-jack the thread, but since we're talking about it, here in Chicago, there's NO alternative rock station anymore, imagine that. After grunge went away, you had the whole "rap rock" thing but that died out pretty fast, so if you look at it, after grunge, nothing really lasted that long and honestly, what do you call the type of rock music starting in the early 2000's?

That 106.7 "The D' seems to play the same, tired music from the same artists........I could go on and on, thank God for Pandora and heck, having CD's around still.

BTW, any chance of switching those white lettered tires to the black wall side, they really don't go with the car IMO, seeing as IROC's usually have blackwalls and besides, they're easier to clean and in general look better, IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm originally from the D, moved out here the winter of 2009-10 and have heard that station, more of the same old sheet IMO, the radio is so tied down nowadays and I bet its like this all over too. Not to hi-jack the thread, but since we're talking about it, here in Chicago, there's NO alternative rock station anymore, imagine that. After grunge went away, you had the whole "rap rock" thing but that died out pretty fast, so if you look at it, after grunge, nothing really lasted that long and honestly, what do you call the type of rock music starting in the early 2000's?

That 106.7 "The D' seems to play the same, tired music from the same artists........I could go on and on, thank God for Pandora and heck, having CD's around still.

BTW, any chance of switching those white lettered tires to the black wall side, they really don't go with the car IMO, seeing as IROC's usually have blackwalls and besides, they're easier to clean and in general look better, IMO.
    Check out 89X, it's a local station that plays alternative music that is good IMO. As far as the tires go, that's his choice. The car is not mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    Check out 89X, it's a local station that plays alternative music that is good IMO. As far as the tires go, that's his choice. The car is not mine.
    Sorry, thought it was your ride. I've been listening to 89X since it came on back in the late 80's, better station years ago due to the bands being played there were better, the new stuff just doesn't get it for me. BTW, I'm listening to Drew and Mike on the internet right now, nothing like them on the Chicago airwaves. Keep up the good work

Post Thanks / Like

Nice car which IMO is soon going to be collectable and worth the extra effort to preserve. And nice work, btw.

Post Thanks / Like

Rockin' the IROC! You did a really great, professional job on that car!
    Our Lady Of Blessed Acceleration - Don't Fail Me Now.

Alex, from Northern Virginia.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HotRodJoe View Post
    Nice car which IMO is soon going to be collectable and worth the extra effort to preserve. And nice work, btw.
    Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate them.

Quote Originally Posted by lokerola View Post
    Rockin' the IROC! You did a really great, professional job on that car!
    Thanks a lot man!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234