autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toyota Tacoma Exterior/Interior/ENGINE!

Great job on the engine bay detailing! Did you only use a steamer or needed APC and brushes?
    Gary

Super Member Wills.WindowsAndWheels's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jbone View Post
    was just using the search feature because I was thinking of washing and waxing my buddy's 3 year old, neglected, Tundra. I had this vision of making that nice blue paint show itself again and blind everyone who looked at it (like staring at the sun) causing traffic accidents and many explosions that send vehicles rocketing skyward, causing more accident upon landing.
    After seeing your work, I have been brought back to reality!
    Holy cow. Some day I'll be doing fine work like that.
    For now, I just hope his truck doesn't need to be clayed because I haven't even moved up to power yet.

Very nice work!
    Lol hey man don't count yourself out just yet. Yes it takes work and practice and TIME and dedication but you CAN do what you are aiming for (well maybe minus the whole accidents and explosions part ).

If you can invest a couple hundred bucks into some equipment...you'll be able to make a pretty decent difference.

Honestly even if you just do a wash and wax, i'd clay it if its 3 years old. Im sure it needs it...its not that difficult, just keep the surface wet and take the extra 30 minutes or so to do it...that time you invest will be saved in the end when you wax. How? Because first of all you wont have to keep cursing and changing wax pads because the bonded stuff that the clay WOULD have removed is now coming off on your wax pad.
    Secondly the wax will just GLIDE on...nice and easy like waxing glass.
    Lastly, when you go to remove the wax, it will GLIDE off...no dragging or snagging (as long as you apply a THIN layer of wax, other wise the thick globs of wax will grab your MF towels).

Get yourself a Griots polisher for about $100...maybe 4-6 5.5" pads (assorted) and some Meguiars D151, a few good MFs and a nice clay bar (even over the counter, Mothers clay bar kit is nice). Hopefully you have decent washing supplies already. Give it a shot and you'll be impressed. If you want to invest a little more...get the Meguiars Microfiber System set up with 5.5" pads (and i'd get a couple 3" pads too but 5.5" will do 95% of the work). You will LOVE how it works ...if you thought this truck came out nice, check out this Camaro we did 2010 772 HP BLACK Camaro SS...Swirl City - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Stang View Post
    Awesome work will! Looks like someone forgot about the oil fill cap when they were changing the oil to me . What a mess it makes, specially on a overhead cam lmao. That is a really great turn around bud!
    Haha it DOES look like that doesn't it? Big mess but big turn around

Quote Originally Posted by slickooz View Post
    Great job on the engine bay detailing! Did you only use a steamer or needed APC and brushes?
    Oh no i used APC+ at about 4:1 on the bad spots and the spots down in the engine the steamer couldn't reach. I also used Meguiars degreaser at about 5:1 and a pressure washer to spray down in the deeper parts of the engine that my hands brushes couldnt reach.

I used a tooth brush, a short bristled paint brush and a brush used to clean spray guns...those 3 work great for tight spaces
    Wills - Windows & Wheels Auto Detailing Detailing LLC
    www.WindowsAndWheels.com
    'Like' Us On Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job man! Glad you're staying busy with detailing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kristopher1129 View Post
    Nice job man! Glad you're staying busy with detailing!
    Lol trying to man. This is a few months old (the post), but i just looked and it has something close to 1,300 views lol...not too bad for a little Tacoma
    www.WindowsAndWheels.com
    'Like' Us On Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Well, you get a damnnnnnnn from me. Keep up the good work, and the good posts.

Post Thanks / Like

Car just went up in Value!

Awesome Work!
    Trade:PoliCoat=Unused,DPHPGlassRestorer=Unused,For everBlack=Unused,Klasse HGS=Unused PBWheelSealant=Used 2Xdouble coat app Lookingfor:IronX,303 Protect, 6" Pads

Post Thanks / Like

You guys who post these miracle turn arounds are awesome!!! Like I said before ..."hats off to the pros". Great work!!
    2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic Bright Silver
    2018 Ford F150 Xlt Sport 4X4 Magnetic Grey

Post Thanks / Like

Good work and it turned out great but I would have to argue that a little photo manipulation was done on those before and after interior shots. Perhaps a white balance change or something done in photoshop. The tones on everything are way to far off to just be from cleaning.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kimtyson View Post
    Well, you get a damnnnnnnn from me. Keep up the good work, and the good posts.
    Lol thanks a lot...hope to have more to come soon. If you havent checked out my Camaro write up 'Swirl City' you should ...that car turned out sweeeet.

Quote Originally Posted by 2kredbb6 View Post
    Car just went up in Value!

Awesome Work!
    I sure hope so Glad you liked it

Quote Originally Posted by hoyt66 View Post
    You guys who post these miracle turn arounds are awesome!!! Like I said before ..."hats off to the pros". Great work!!
    Yea gold paint doesnt show off the the paint correction AS WELL but you can still tell the difference. I think the engine was the biggest hit in this detail

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbin1 View Post
    Good work and it turned out great but I would have to argue that a little photo manipulation was done on those before and after interior shots. Perhaps a white balance change or something done in photoshop. The tones on everything are way to far off to just be from cleaning.
    Wow yea you caught me..i busted my ass for almost 2 hours on just the engine...then for twice that long on the paint but then thought, you know what, lets compromise the integrity of my posts and PHOTOSHOP the interior...the least difficult job on this detail at least...yeah you caught me...really?

First off the floor mat shot alone should show things were cleaned properly..the concrete and surrounding objects look the same in both photos. As for the interior photos, maybe you dont have 'red clay' where you're at...but out here...when you have dust storms like these [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W4Cx44XKZ4]Phoenix Dust Storm: Video of Doomsday Scenes in Arizona - YouTube[/video] ...guess what...the inside does get quite dusty.

Did something change...yes..but i didn't fu**ing photo shop it...if you start at 10 a.m and end near sun down..the lighting does have a tendency to change some...but to say that i hacked my own photos on the INTERIOR, after seeing the hard jobs like the engine and paint were meticulously taken care of, is rude and offensive to say the least. And even with the light change...you can still see the drastic different, and not ALL of that was from the change of light, it was from that red dirt we have out here in the desert being steamed off the seats.
    www.WindowsAndWheels.com
    'Like' Us On Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

No need to get so upset. Maybe its the camera settings but there is a different tone change to the interior pictures.

These 3 pictures are what really give it away. That interior IS tan not gray.

The paint color difference in these first two pictures alone show that something isn't right.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast