autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Detailed Ford Escape

So after I did an exterior detail on my buddy's supra his boss wanted me to do one of their company cars. A female employee drove it around for a while and I don't think she ever washed it and she hauled her kid around so the back seat area and underneath it was just filthy with cheerios and melted candy under the seat, etc. It's a lawn care company so it looks like some grass seed was dumped in the trunk area so I vacuumed what I could and picked some out with a little screw driver but there were too many and they are embedded in the carpet like splinters so it would take forever. Anybody have any tricks to take these and pine needles out?

For the interior I diluted some Woolite and also tried Folex and a Megs scrub brush. It still smelled funky afterwards so i doused everything with Febreeze This is my first interior detail so it's not superb but it taught me a lot. I need better interior cleaning products, strong vacuum, and maybe a steam cleaner.

For the wheels I used soap and water and a Megs wheel brush. Tires I used soap and water and Megs tire brush. I used an old mit for the wheel wells and then did tires and wells with No Touch Tire foam.

Engine bay I sprayed down with Gunk Engine Foam and let it sit for 15 minutes. Then I hosed it off with water. I then got my air compressor out and sprayed away standing water. I topped this with AA tire foam then shut the hood, crossed my fingers, and started the car I let it idle for 15-20 minutes to bake in the AA foam while I washed the car.

After I dried it off I started using my PC but saw that the car was still pretty new and not very swirled so I just switched to my cheaper Craftsman orbital and Meg's #80. Followed that up with PB EX-P and Collinite 845. Wow! Silky smooth! Beads really well too!

Here are the pics (yeah I blurred some of the pics with the plates but not others, oh well it's a company car .

Before:

after pics coming shortly...
    Last edited by DrMike; 11-15-2006 at 01:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    After:

I need to clean the side rail things before I give the car back today.

Last edited by DrMike; 11-15-2006 at 01:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Outstanding job ............Really made the engine shine.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Collinite is really getting popular now, I love their 915 wax, 845 is great as well. Looks nice
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks guys customer is picking the car up in a couple hours. Hope he is impressed

He usually has the same pro do it for $200. He washes, waxes, shampoos interior. After he saw what i did with the supra he wanted to give me a shot. I don't have a shampooer so I tried to make up for it by cleaning the engine bay

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh how sweet it is. Great job! Nice turnaround. DrMike, you are a pro in my book.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome turn bro!
    That engine is stunning. Interior work.....pristine. I think the customer will be pleased.
    No reason not to be!
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    very nice. that grey is simply awesome !

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks awesome!!

For ground in junk in the carpets I use a nylon scrub brush to scrub the carpets and bring those bad boys to the surface so that I can vacuum them up. I really like the ones that are made to scrub under fingernails, they are stiff, but not too stiff and they do a good job. Here's some pics of an interior nightmare detail that I did. With the black carpeting every single speck showed and I used the scrubbing, vacuuming method to remove it and then shampood the carpets after.

Befores:

Afters:

Sorry the pics aren't better, but I stink at taking photos and it was also the late afternoon light so there were shadows, but trust me, those carpets were clean afterwards with no speckles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Outstanding job!
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast