autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Nissan Quest - 303 & DP Sealant

I washed the wife's Nissan Quest and used 303 for the first time. WOW! Am I impressed.

Last weekend I washed the Quest with Meg's GC (foam gun of course!) and clayed. I had planned to apply DP Sealant but I ran out of steam due to having a cold. However, I did apply 303 to the trim. I took a before picture of the trim, but it was accidently deleted. Anyway, the trim on the back has always caused me trouble. I usually apply Mother's Back to Black and it turns it from lots of grey spots to black. But within a couple of days the grey is back!

As you can see in the picture, it is still black after a week and a second wash.

Yesterday, I washed with Meg's GC, then applied AIO, then DP Sealant. As you can see in the photo there is a decent reflection without having used a PC and polish.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nissan Quest - 303 & DP Sealant-nissan-003-jpg   Nissan Quest - 303 & DP Sealant-nissan-004-jpg  

"Dogs in cars again. Going away. Going away fast" - P.D. Eastman, Go, Dog. Go!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice reflection.
    I feel you on the cold. I've had one for the last couple of days.....sucks.
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Ditto on the cold!! I hate feeling like this. Nice work man, are those pumpkins in the reflection?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Pumpkins they are indeed. Decorated by my 5 year old son.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mothers back to black is meant to clean and restore trim by removing oxidation, old wax, dirt, etc. After it cleans and restores the trim a protectant/dressing product like 303 should then be applied to the trim.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SVTContour
    Mothers back to black is meant to clean and restore trim by removing oxidation, old wax, dirt, etc. After it cleans and restores the trim a protectant/dressing product like 303 should then be applied to the trim.
    Good point. I still like Mother's BtoB. It did an amazing job on the wheel wells of my Jag.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job! Thanks for the tip on the 303. I have the same problem with my trim.
    Alban B-)
    2008 Ford F250 XLT 6.4L PSD, 4X4, SC, SB, Bedrug bedliner, Torza Trifold Tonneau cover, SS step bars / Dark Shadow Gray Metallic
    2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S / Inferno

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you think DP Interior Surface Protectant would also do the trick?

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great Reddwarf!

fastgsx, if you are going to apply it after the Mother's back to black then it will protect the trim also. The DP has UV protection in it as well, although not quite as high as the 303.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome job Reddwarf. Sweet reflection. 303 you can't beat it, spf of 40. Every dressing I tried just says " has UV protection" 303 has it on the label 40. I done a test on dressing, all of them run in the rain.

VRT- does not last; when it rains it’s gone. Some UV protections, Dose not say how much. It streaks a little.
    Mags #40 last longer, but it still runs. Has UV protection, Dose not say how much. Dose not streak on vinyl, streak a little on rubber. I think it works better on vinyl then rubber.
    Poorboys TR, It only works on my personal vehicles, vehicles I have tried other then mine IT STREAKS, don’t know way. The only thing I can think of is that my vehicles has had only water base products on them, no oil base silicon products on them. It last longer on rubber then vinyl in the rain. It says it has UV absorber, how much, don’t know! Surfer can tell yal all about it.
    TR Top Kote” RVL Protestant #108- Last longer then the others, close to 303, a little richer look. Runs in the rain! Has UV Inhibitors, don’t know how much.
    303 Aerospace Protectant, it last longer then the others, still run in the rain, but not as bad. No streaks. UV protection, 40 spf. It’s the best I’ve tried so far.
    AIO- It works, no runs, its there. But I want something that has a richer, deeper look.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast