autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wheel Wednesday!

Mazda just does it rightWheel Wednesday!Wheel Wednesday!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes DFB, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    This week's addition curtesy of a Mazda CX-5 Akera. I love the finish on these 19-inch wheels, just the right shade of silver and really suit the car.

On this occasion, tires were scrubbed with the Carpro ReTyre, wheels with the brilliant NV Purge, protection via Gyeon Wet Coat.

Finished off with Carpro Darkside on the tires.

Those really are some very stylish wheels

Mazda has some really good design ideas

4. Likes Klasse Act, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally...I have a Wheel Wednesday Wheel Wednesday!...and a question?

So I cleaned the tires and wheels with Griot's Garage wheel cleaner, yeah it's not really for tires but no real harmWheel Wednesday!

Once I was done I noticed the front tires were a little "uneven" looking compared to the rears, they looked great actuallyWheel Wednesday!

These pics are after I applied a single coat of Turtle Wheel Wednesday! Wax Mr. Cartoon to "even them up". Now if you look at the fronts compared to the rears you'll notice a difference in sheenWheel Wednesday!

Now I'm not taking offramp too fast and drive aggressively, well around here, so what do you guys think about thisWheel Wednesday!

Btw the pics were left NORMAL and not touched up with the AUTO setting like normalWheel Wednesday!

6. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Finally...I have a Wheel Wednesday Wheel Wednesday!...and a question?

So I cleaned the tires and wheels with Griot's Garage wheel cleaner, yeah it's not really for tires but no real harmWheel Wednesday!

Once I was done I noticed the front tires were a little "uneven" looking compared to the rears, they looked great actuallyWheel Wednesday!

These pics are after I applied a single coat of Turtle Wheel Wednesday! Wax Mr. Cartoon to "even them up". Now if you look at the fronts compared to the rears you'll notice a difference in sheenWheel Wednesday!

Now I'm not taking offramp too fast and drive aggressively, well around here, so what do you guys think about thisWheel Wednesday!

Btw the pics were left NORMAL and not touched up with the AUTO setting like normalWheel Wednesday!

My rear tyres are always dirtier than the front, but that's because of the mud I drive through. Do you get more brake dust on the front wheels compared to the rear, it could be brake dust sticking to the rubber.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

8. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    Those really are some very stylish wheels

Mazda has some really good design ideas
    Although not relevant to the model pictured, I'm pumped Mazda has returned to 6-cylinder engines, especially considering it's an inline 6!

Amazing how that engine layout was on the nose for 20+ years, mainly because it doesn't "package" very well compared to a more compact V6, and it was seen as a more technically advanced configuration. But nothing beats an inline 6 for smoothness, refinement and sound. Mercedes, Jaguar-Landrover, Jeep/RAM/Dodge and Mazda have all returned to the layout. I think GM have too with a diesel.

All I need now is for Ford to bring back the Barra inline 6 and put it into Mustang's and F-Series. For the modern era, I would change the block to aluminum instead of cast iron, reduce the stroke to bring the capacity down to 3.2-litres, bump up the rev limit from 6250 to 7250, add direct injection. Both naturally aspirated and turbo versions please, and carefully tuned induction and exhaust notes, none of that fake crap. I don't ask for much...................

10. Likes Big Dave, Klasse Act, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Although not relevant to the model pictured, I'm pumped Mazda has returned to 6-cylinder engines, especially considering it's an inline 6!

Amazing how that engine layout was on the nose for 20+ years, mainly because it doesn't "package" very well compared to a more compact V6, and it was seen as a more technically advanced configuration. But nothing beats an inline 6 for smoothness, refinement and sound. Mercedes, Jaguar-Landrover, Jeep/RAM/Dodge and Mazda have all returned to the layout. I think GM have too with a diesel.

All I need now is for Ford to bring back the Barra inline 6 and put it into Mustang's and F-Series. For the modern era, I would change the block to aluminum instead of cast iron, reduce the stroke to bring the capacity down to 3.2-litres, bump up the rev limit from 6250 to 7250, add direct injection. Both naturally aspirated and turbo versions please, and carefully tuned induction and exhaust notes, none of that fake crap. I don't ask for much...................
    I loved the RB30 in my VL Commodore, but I didn't tune the exhaust, In my defence I was in my mid twenties and I wanted something loud, and it was loud enough to set off car alarms, remember when aftermarket car alarms had pressure sensors in them. I was a menace. But I loved how smooth it revved.

12. Likes chilly, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I loved the RB30 in my VL Commodore, but I didn't tune the exhaust, In my defence I was in my mid twenties and I wanted something loud, and it was loud enough to set off car alarms, remember when aftermarket car alarms had pressure sensors in them. I was a menace. But I loved how smooth it revved.

Needless to say, Holden stook a step back when they dropped the Nissan engine.

A mate of mines first car was a 1990 Nissan Skyline Silhouette, which had the same 3.0-inline 6, his was a 5-speed manual. That engine was so smooth and made some nice noises. It put my 2001 Fairmont to shame, those old SOHC 4.0-liters were smooth up to about 3500 rpm, above that they were very wheezy and strained. Although, the old 4.0 could pull a nice single pegger with all that low end torque.

14. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1990 Nissan Skyline R31 Silhouette GTS2 (SVD) | classicregister

Did it look like this oneWheel Wednesday!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    1990 Nissan Skyline R31 Silhouette GTS2 (SVD) | classicregister

Did it look like this oneWheel Wednesday!

That's the one, they were made in Australia too. I loved the stove burner taillights that model.

17. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516