autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wheel Wednesday!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    This popped into my news feed a couple of days ago, you probably already know all about this one, they just needed a bit more courage.

https://www.drive.com.au/caradvice/a...oor-prototype/

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    That looks GREATWheel Wednesday!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I watched the last video and have a bit of an issue with reviewers like him, just a minor one. In the beginning he says this example is all stock....except custom exhaust, intake and tune...that's NOT stock anymoreWheel Wednesday! Now don't get me wrong, most of do 2 or all 3 of those mods on our cars but come on, don't say "it's all stock...except".

Thanks for always sharing your knowledge Deyon, you guys got those and we got the Lincoln LS, not even close to the same thing but if you had a family and wanted a Ford product that was RWD and V8 and fun (sans the Lincoln or Crown Vic) that was your only choice for something "close" and I use that term VERY lightlyWheel Wednesday!

Agreed 100%. That guy is a bit of goofball, I don't really watch his content because of how he over emphasizes certain aspects of the car he is reviewing.

As for the Lincoln LS, would you believe the rear double wishbone suspension was starting point for the AU Falcon's IRS. The platform that underpinned the Lincoln LS and Jaguar S-Type, was too expensive to be used for the Falcon and sold at a low price point. So Ford Australia continued to evolve their own platform, but integrated the LS/S-Type IRS to suit the existing Falcon platform, changing to more cost-effective material choices. (as in cast rather than forged wishbones, steal subframe ect). That IRS was standard on high end models (T-Series, XR8, Fairmont, Fairlane), lower spec models got the watts link live axle. Yes, a live axle.

3. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    This popped into my news feed a couple of days ago, you probably already know all about this one, they just needed a bit more courage.

https://www.drive.com.au/caradvice/a...oor-prototype/

That was a nicely integrated conversion, I've seen it in person too. At the time, there was a lot of talk about trying to get Ford to make it as a production model to rival the Monaro (Pontiac GTO), but Ford had other issues to concentrate on. Monaro, even with exports, didn't necessarily make Holden a lot of money, but it did get the brand a lot of attention. In fact they even went so far as to say the Monaro was more of a brand building exercise that was heavily funded by the marketing department. You would think that would mean I hate the Monaro, but I would happily have one in my garage, such a handsome looking car.

The other one that did the rounds at the time had Mercedes C-Class headlights, it was hideous.................

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    That was a nicely integrated conversion, I've seen it in person too. At the time, there was a lot of talk about trying to get Ford to make it as a production model to rival the Monaro (Pontiac GTO), but Ford had other issues to concentrate on. Monaro, even with exports, didn't necessarily make Holden a lot of money, but it did get the brand a lot of attention. In fact they even went so far as to say the Monaro was more of a brand building exercise that was heavily funded by the marketing department. You would think that would mean I hate the Monaro, but I would happily have one in my garage, such a handsome looking car.

The other one that did the rounds at the time had Mercedes C-Class headlights, it was hideous.................

Wheel Wednesday!Wheel Wednesday!Wheel Wednesday!Wheel Wednesday!

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I watched the last video and have a bit of an issue with reviewers like him, just a minor one. In the beginning he says this example is all stock....except custom exhaust, intake and tune...that's NOT stock anymoreWheel Wednesday! Now don't get me wrong, most of do 2 or all 3 of those mods on our cars but come on, don't say "it's all stock...except".

Thanks for always sharing your knowledge Deyon, you guys got those and we got the Lincoln LS, not even close to the same thing but if you had a family and wanted a Ford product that was RWD and V8 and fun (sans the Lincoln or Crown Vic) that was your only choice for something "close" and I use that term VERY lightlyWheel Wednesday!

“Only minor modifications performed are…”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The wheels on the Qashqai needed some work this week, mainly from yesterday's rain. They weren't too dirty so it was a simple spray with ONR, on the gutter side tyres as well, and a wipe over with an old MF that's now on wheel duties. Gave the tyres a wipe over with Autoglym Instant Tyre Dressing. Also checked the tyre pressures, they looked low, there was more bulge on the lower sidewall. They were all down around 28-29psi, I normally run 33-35psi. The only reason I can see is that we've had temps up around 90 - 100 for the last 2 weeks and the last 2 days they've dropped down to 67. If it had been just one I'd suspect a leak, but it was the same on all four.

It is already Thursday here, but it's still Wednesday over there, so I get a pass right.

9. Likes DFB, Klasse Act, Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Time to redo the wheels on the FJ, the Collinite 845 I put on as a test a while back has disappeared. I'm not surprised as this is the hottest start to summer we've had in a few years, but with some heavy rain as well. I didn't go as far as taking them off, but I did work inside. I took all the centre caps off so I had full access around the lugs. I started off with an ONR wipe down, then a hand polish with Menzerna SF4000, followed by a wipe down with Eraser, finished off with some 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating. Originally I wasn't going to do the tyres, but decided to give them a quick spray with Meg's Hyper Dressing, sprayed it on, spread it round, and wiped off the excess, I don't like them too glossy, the last pic was under artificial light.

11. Likes DFB, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I mean, how could it not be these new-to-me wheels this week..................

Ordered a set of tyres for them today, hopefully have them fitted next week. I won't fit them to the car until I have coated them later in January.

13. Likes Big Dave, Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I take back what I initially said about Meguiars Citrus Power Clean APC. It’s actually pretty good at cleaning wheels @1:1 and damn near incredible straight undiluted.

This is @1:1 and it nearly got this caked & baked wheel fully clean. I didn’t take any before shots because I wasn’t expecting such a dramatic result. These are the only pics I took but you can see how it cut through all that brake dust easily. My brush was bleeding chocolate milk. Lol.

15. Likes Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The FJ was due for a tyre rotation, so I cleaned inside the wheels, and the inside sidewall, as well as the outsides, while they were off. I used TWHS Hyper Foam on the sidewalls and inside the wheel, and ONR on the front faces of the wheels. Check out the brown coming off the inside sidewalls. I only used the Hyper Foam once on each tyre, I'd still be going if I was trying to remove all the browning. Last pic shows why these wheels will be going when these tyres wear out. They're almost 4 years old and the powder coating is starting to fall off, but then I never put any protection on the inside of the wheels. I knew they were cheap when I got them. I'll either put the original alloys back on, or get some new and shiny on.

Just a little FYI, I use a tread depth gauge and keep a spreadsheet to work out how I'm going to rotate my tyres. It shows that I wear the front left the most, then the rear right, then rear left, and front right the least. I guess I like to give it a bit on right hand corners.

17. Likes DFB, Klasse Act, Dirty Harry liked this post
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast