autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 96 of 149 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106146 ... LastLast

Thread: DFB's Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DFB's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I'm very happy with how Can Coat EVO has been performing on a daily driver, holding up so well considering it sits outdoors 24/7.

Pure EVO looks amazing, the gloss is brilliant but the lack of ultimate slickness has directed my attention to Mohs EVO for the new car.
    I was torn between the 2 but because of how many "toppers" I use, slickness is only a spray and wipe away, especially with the Nv duo and P&S Inspiration DefenderDFB's GarageDFB's Garage

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Ranger Wildtrak came back from the dealer last Friday, spending a month there having the engine replaced. What was supposed to be a week turned into four as they waited for a part. In the meantime, the loaner new-gen XLS got 2000 km put on it.

I had to drive this a bit over the last week, so got a good impression of the new model. This example was actually a 2WD with the Bi-Turbo/10-speed powertrain.

The new-gen seemed to have a much better calibration for the 10-speed auto. With the PX III, the shifts are occasionally clunky and often firm. It will also skip gears more often than not, even under moderate throttle. For the new-gen, it shifts smoother and tends to stick with a sequential shift pattern rather than skipping 2nd and 4th, even under lighter throttle inputs. This calibration seems to smooth out the shifts without feeling or sounding busy.

Apart from the gearbox, unless you are buying a V6 or Raptor, the change between new and old is not the huge improvement you would think. Granted, I'm comparing second from base XLS and top of the ranger Wildtrak, but some of the basic functions are a step backwards.

I still find the interior door handles are an afterthought, evidenced by the blanked-out section where they were on the previous model. I mentioned this last year, but it still doesn't make ergonomic sense, different for the sake of different.

The gauge cluster screen is annoyingly busy, with too many overlaying pop-up messages, the seatbelt one in particular. Just give me a speedo, tacho and properly legible fuel and temperature levels. I know some of this you would get used to over time, but it just looks messy and is more distracting. The way it mutes the audio if you happen to have a passenger unbuckle before the transmission is in park is annoying too.

The seats were a high point though, being much more comfortable compared to the PX II and III models I'm accustomed to.

I have to say, this segment of the market is a joke. For just on 60K, you don't get much for your money, this one doesn't even have 4WD and the lack of a tub liner stingy. The cabins are full of brittle, hard plastics. And most of them are useless for actually working from. The car companies are all laughing their way to the bank, made from slave labor in Thailand and sold at heavily inflated prices.

4. Thanks Prange thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, Big Dave, Azure, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently the seatbelt thing is the new way they're getting people to wear seatbelts. It was in a podcast I was listening to, I can't remember which brand they were talking about, but they were saying if an occupied seat doesn't have the seatbelt done up, the volume on the stereo won't turn up. It could have been Ford, but I thought it was something Euro. I think it's actually a clever idea.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

6. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That seatbelt thing is a terrible idea imo. We wear ours but it is besides the point. You cannot force someone to wear something that they dont want to, its their life to choose to wewr it or not. That idea alone would deter me from buying it.

I would much rather the radio scream at the driver to PUT THE FUCCKING PHONE DOWN!!! I cant tell you how irrate i get at that. Working construction i can tell you that i cannot go very long all day without seeing a passing vehicle with the driver on the phone, it seems almost constant, All ages too. Ive heard about it cause and seen it almost cause wrecks.

I do NOT believe in auto disabling devices because there are emergencies and such, and then not to mention the outright over reach. It is just a fact that way to many people cant seem to be without the phone in hand.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    That seatbelt thing is a terrible idea imo. We wear ours but it is besides the point. You cannot force someone to wear something that they dont want to, its their life to choose to wewr it or not. That idea alone would deter me from buying it.

I would much rather the radio scream at the driver to PUT THE FUCCKING PHONE DOWN!!! I cant tell you how irrate i get at that. Working construction i can tell you that i cannot go very long all day without seeing a passing vehicle with the driver on the phone, it seems almost constant, All ages too. Ive heard about it cause and seen it almost cause wrecks.

I do NOT believe in auto disabling devices because there are emergencies and such, and then not to mention the outright over reach. It is just a fact that way to many people cant seem to be without the phone in hand.

What are the fines like over there for using your phone while driving. Here it's normally $362, rising to $481 if you're in a school zone. It also gets you 5 demerit points, more than 12 gets your licence suspended, we also have double demerits on holiday weekends, think Christmas, Easter, and the like, so you could lose 10 points in one go. Doesn't really stop anyone. I do blast my horn, and occasionally yell at people on their phones.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    What are the fines like over there for using your phone while driving. Here it's normally $362, rising to $481 if you're in a school zone. It also gets you 5 demerit points, more than 12 gets your licence suspended, we also have double demerits on holiday weekends, think Christmas, Easter, and the like, so you could lose 10 points in one go. Doesn't really stop anyone. I do blast my horn, and occasionally tell, at people on their phones.

It makes no difference in people here either. 50 dollar fine in my state, with no points on a non commercial drivers licence.

The only way it will stop would be if the globalists get there AI survalience state. Which i pray to the man upstairs that it never happens. Check out class of '09 on netflix...kinda sifi but not really that far out.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm led to believe that Mohs has superior slickness, something that I miss from Can Coat and Pure EVO.
    That’s what toppers are for….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post

No issues wearing seatbelts, in fact they are mandatory in Australia and you face large fines and potential loss of license for not wearing one.

The issue is, this sort of thing is taught in schools, we don't need something like this. Also, if you are using the vehicle on a farm for example, getting in and out of the vehicle on the property multiple times, wearing a belt is not practical or needed, so something like this would be a right pain.

On my current Ranger, I had the door ajar warning disabled by the dealer, the constant bonging drove me nuts. Apparently a lot of tradesmen and farmers did the same.

13. Likes Big Dave, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I was torn between the 2 but because of how many "toppers" I use, slickness is only a spray and wipe away, especially with the Nv duo and P&S Inspiration DefenderDFB's GarageDFB's Garage

You need to try NV Boost v2 now!

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    That’s what toppers are for….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed, which is what I have done with the Cure EVO on the Jag.

15. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You need to try NV Boost v2 now!

Agreed, which is what I have done with the Cure EVO on the Jag.
    Nv Boost v2 is slicker than Lustre DFB's GarageDFB's Garage

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 96 of 149 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106146 ... LastLast