autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 64 of 148 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374114 ... LastLast

Thread: DFB's Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DFB's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Maybe......................

If it's the car you are referring to, the G80 M3/4, absolutely not! While I have been known to be drawn to vehicles with questionable styling, Google AU Falcon, that front end design is hideous and I just can't see myself growing to like it. Not to mention being out of my price range.

The thing I like about the Mustang is the long bonnet profile and the fact it's such a blank canvas. I also really, really like that Ford have kept the V8 naturally aspirated.

There are a couple of cars have my attention, all would mean shopping pre-owned though -

Outgoing BMW M2 - always had a thing for BMW inline 6's and I think the M2 is the final M model true to type.

Toyota Supra - again, BMW inline 6 and a gearbox I really like (ZF 8-speed). Styling is challenging but more desirable the BMW beaver teeth.

Jaguar F-Type - sadly, even used examples of the V8 model are waaay out of my price range, so the supercharged V6 would be it for me. Styling, steering feel and exhaust note are all box tickers.

Lastly, I would really like to own a 6-cylinder Porsche. Resale on the 911 puts it out of my budget, but I would be more than happy to have a Cayman or Boxter S.

All of those would involve trading the new car experience for a used car. Brand new Mustang or used European sports car. Confused.
    Cayman would be sweet too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    So Deyon, have you considered a "modern classic" carDFB's Garage

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    What is a “ modern classic”?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    What is a “ modern classic”?

I know the term sounds odd and maybe it's because I'm 53 yrs old now but something you remember when they were new and now their 20 yrs old, up to say 35 yrs old even but had tech that's still relevant today, here's a couple examples of what I consider a "modern classic"...

-BMW E36/46/92 M3
    -Nissan GT-R (R32/33/34)
    -Mazda Rx-7 FD
    -Honda S2000

...to name a fewDFB's Garage

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Likes Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So Deyon, have you considered a "modern classic" carDFB's Garage

I know the term sounds odd and maybe it's because I'm 53 yrs old now but something you remember when they were new and now their 20 yrs old, up to say 35 yrs old even but had tech that's still relevant today, here's a couple examples of what I consider a "modern classic"...

-BMW E36/46/92 M3
    -Nissan GT-R (R32/33/34)
    -Mazda Rx-7 FD
    -Honda S2000

...to name a fewDFB's Garage

Ok, I'm with you now.............and yes, I have considered this.

Top of that list would be a E46 M3 or the Z4M. It's all about the engine for me with those cars, have always loved that engine and is arguably the world's best ever inline 6. I get the shivers every time I hear one of these..................

Obviously that was the carbon air-boxed CSL, but they all sound glorious.

6. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    This will be last Gen mustang. I don’t love it in pics. But before I bought the chevelle was thinking of ordering a c8 on launch. Loved it in pics. Then when launched I was glad I didn’t because the don’t like it in person.

I hope I’m wrong about new mustang. I absolutely love the Camaro but that makes stand will be the last hurrah great American muscle car.

The S550 design set a very high bar, so anything that came after was always going to be a challenge. What I love most about the S550 is the perfectly executed body sculpting, most prominent when viewed side on. I also preferred the pre-facelift version in all it's pure glory.

Initially, I did not love the new S650, mainly because they toned down the crisp body lines................. but it has grown on me.

8. Likes Coatingsarecrack, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I'm with you now.............and yes, I have considered this.

Top of that list would be a E46 M3 or the Z4M. It's all about the engine for me with those cars, have always loved that engine and is arguably the world's best ever inline 6. I get the shivers every time I hear one of these..................

Obviously that was the carbon air-boxed CSL, but they all sound glorious.
    Funny thing, I was looking at Z4s online just the other day, not the M obviously, but my curiosity made me look. I would like a convertible at some point, but I think I would only go for a folding metal roof.

Also, I sat in my first Mustang today, getting in was interesting, but found it easier getting out. Remember I'm used to getting up into my car rather than way down. It was cool, but I don't think it's for me. I was checking out the local Nissan dealer, I have to get the Qashqai towed after a failed jump start, and they had a second hand Mustang on the lot, so I had to check it out, I believe the colour was called Magnetic, they wanted $58k for it.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

10. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Deyon, what color E46 M3 is your favoriteDFB's Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Deyon, what color E46 M3 is your favoriteDFB's Garage

Easily Laguna Seca Blue, but I do like Pheonix Yellow and Oxford Green too.

13. Likes Big Dave, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Easily Laguna Seca Blue, but I do like Pheonix Yellow and Oxford Green too.

Deyon, I know you listened to the podcast I was a regular guest on but you do know what you posted here was on my "modern classic" list rightDFB's Garage That right there is not only perfection from BMW but my all time favorite BMW ever!

15. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Deyon, I know you listened to the podcast I was a regular guest on but you do know what you posted here was on my "modern classic" list rightDFB's Garage That right there is not only perfection from BMW but my all time favorite BMW ever!

The first and only BMW I have ever driven was a E46 322Ci with the 2.2 inline 6. I was probably 20 at the time and I have never driven a smoother 6-cylinder engine or one that sounded so nicely refined. So, it was only natural that have lusted over the ultimate version ever since.

That era of BMW was such a special one. An era where the company built its vehicles to suit what they wanted to make. That compares to now where they are building cars to cater to markets that demand something different to the original BMW / BMW M recipe. So now we have fat, heavy twin-turbo torque monsters that lack the precise, lightweight accuracy they were once known for.

I think if you have or want to invest in the following, you will have some of the best BMW's ever made -

- E36 M3 3.2
    - E46 M3 / M3 CSL
    - Z3M Roadster or Coupe
    - Z4M Roadster or Coupe (these are a bit of bare to drive, but that engine is worth every penny)
    - E39 M5
    - E60 M5
    - E63 M6
    - E90/92 M3

To a lesser extent, I would also include the 1M and M2, but the turbo engines lacked the specialness of the high revving naturally aspirated M-Power engines.

From that point, things went downhill in my opinion. Yes, cars that followed are fast and incredibly accomplished, but they have lost the razor sharpness and driver involvement.

17. Likes Big Dave, Klasse Act liked this post
Page 64 of 148 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374114 ... LastLast