autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 6th Gen Camaro Paint Correction and Ceramic Coating

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M at ShowShine View Post
    First, I am really glad to see that people are posting criticisms. All too often I have read posts/write ups that look mediocre at best and still are praised on their finished result. In my opinion, that defeats the purpose of posting your work to the public. If you think you did a good job and a number of people disagree then it is time to step back and rethink your method of detailing. This sub forum isn't here to always pat you on the back and give you a participation trophy.

Second, the customer paid for a one step detail. Why not go with something like Rupes yellow on yellow, their UHS system "which is designed for hard paint", megs 205 on a white pad, an AIO, etc. You did a compounding stage and did not follow up with a clarifying polish. Easy as that. From the pictures I can see how the sun catches the left over haze. To make things worse, you sealed in those defects with a coating. While the customer will probably never notice, you decided to post your work on a public forum of detailers that know what their looking for.

With all that said, if the client is happy that is what matters. I am going to make an assumption that if he did not have white paint he would not be nearly as happy. Reevaluate your product choices next time. A Microfiber cutting pad has just as much cut as a PFW pad when used correctly but also has the ability to finish down better. This is especially true when using a compound/polish that contains a diminishing abrasive.

OP, do not get mad at people criticizing your work. Take what they have to say and reflect on your work. Other than that, I am glad the client was happy and you were satisfied.
    This is one of the best posts I've ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 6th Gen Camaro Paint Correction and Ceramic Coating

Awesome !!!
    love the 6th gens !
    Gav Details on YouTube:
    www.youtube.com/c/GavDetails

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123