autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2011 Challenger SRT8 Inaugural Edition, 2-step correction and wheels off coating

2011 Challenger SRT8 Inaugural Edition, 2-step correction and wheels off coating. Very nice and clean car that just needed a good decon and polish. The owner will be applying a ceramic coating himself.

Process:

Wash – Meguiar’s Hyper Wash and natural lamb’s wool mitt, Decon with IronX.
    Wheels – Sonax Wheel Cleaner Plus & various brushes, coated with OCP
    Tires - Cleaned with Megs D143 and Tuf-Shine brush. Dressed with Megs Hyper Dressing 3:1
    Paint Prep – Griot’s Fast Surface Prep Mitt and Glide as lube
    Paint Correction - Griot`s Fast Correct Cream on the G15/Rupes 21 with Griot`s MF BOSS pads followed by Hyper Polish on the G15 with yellow BOSS pads. Tight areas were done with the Rupes Nano.
    Glass – Megs D120 and Griot’s PFM glass towels

Pics

Moderate to heavy swirls

All taped up

Finished pics

Thanks for looking,
    Rasky
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2011 Challenger SRT8 Inaugural Edition, 2-step correction and wheels off coating

Excellent work!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2011 Challenger SRT8 Inaugural Edition, 2-step correction and wheels off coating

Beautiful work! That paint looks amazing now.
    A year from now, you'll wish you started today.

@utopiandetailing on Instagram.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Rasky, garage is looking great, I love the white floor! If I ever get to doing mine, I was going to do a very light gray, but I think you have sold me on the white. I think we may have discussed this before (you did it), but it's very glossy--do you have some traction modifier in there? Does that have any effect on sweeping/mopping? What type of paint/finish did you wind up going with?

Post Thanks / Like

Outstanding Chad! I'm surprised he didn't want you to do the coating, I'm sure it's going to get dirty driving it home before he coats it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankS View Post
    Excellent work!
    Thanks Frank!

Quote Originally Posted by natewood70 View Post
    Beautiful work! That paint looks amazing now.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Hey Rasky, garage is looking great, I love the white floor! If I ever get to doing mine, I was going to do a very light gray, but I think you have sold me on the white. I think we may have discussed this before (you did it), but it's very glossy--do you have some traction modifier in there? Does that have any effect on sweeping/mopping? What type of paint/finish did you wind up going with?
    Thanks Buddy. It is actually a very light grey floor and I do love it but it shows EVERYTHING! LOL
    We discussed the pros and cons of adding the anti-skid additive and in the end we chose not to add anything. It's fine when it's dry but does get a little slick when wet. We knew this though and it was a big part of why we had the industrial mats made up for when clients come. We will have a cheaper set for everyday use. Water seems to bead up on the floor coating but I suspect this will fade off over time. For now I do a wet mop and follow with a squeegee to clean, which seems to work well. Scuffs seem to clean up easily with some APC.

I ended up going with Sherwin Williams Armorseal line using the 33 Primer, 650 SL/RC Epoxy, and their HS Polyurethane top coat, all in high gloss. They have lots of colors to choose from that it can be tinted to. The top coat was optional but it adds the UV protection and I wanted to coat the 6" or so that extends outside of the door too. I did have a couple areas that ended up wrinkling a little over a week later. Not sure if it was moisture in the floor, high heat/humidity the days we did it, or if the primer was applied too thick, but overall we are very happy and it ended up costing us about $2sq ft. I should be able to just redo those ares next spring since the saw cuts break it up nicely into sections.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicoupe View Post
    Outstanding Chad! I'm surprised he didn't want you to do the coating, I'm sure it's going to get dirty driving it home before he coats it.
    He actually has a Rupes and lots of products and I believe he gets on these forums a lot too. He should be more than capable of doing the coating.
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work, and nice garage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Yeah really,car is nice but that garage is spotless.

Post Thanks / Like

He may be back if he is not knowledgable on how to apply and remove ceramic.

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful work and pictures Chad!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast