autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Chevy 2500 duramax

This truck belongs to a client that I have already done 3 of his other cars. He had been happy with those so let me do his favorite. This truck was huge but came out really well. It is garaged so the paint other than not being very bright was in pretty good shape. Well here's what I did:

Tires/Wheels: The wheels got DP Gel Wheel Cleaner and the tires and wheel wells got Majestic Solutions Super Green Stuff. The wheel and tire were cleaned with the awesome wheel Ultimitt and the wells with the black Shmitt. The wheels were dressed with Stoners Trim Shine and the tires with my favorite Surf City Beyond Black. The chrome wheels looked really good after the Beyond Steel and I didn't think they could look much better so on a whim I put some Surf City Killer Chrome on one and WOW! You talk about bling! P1et if you like my wheel details I have to admit I think this has been my favorite. The Killer Chrome was put in a small lid because it's so thin and then I used the Wolfgang finger pocket to soak it up and apply to the wheel. You get no waste like this and have to give credit to Steven at Surf City for giving me the technique. After the polish hazed over I buffed it off with my new Hitachi drill and a Mothers Mini Powerball.

Glass: My all-time favorite, Surf City Clearly Better glass cleaner. Applied with a Cobra MF and removed with WW.

Engine: Engine got a rinse followed with MS APC followed by another rinse and dressed with Stoners Trim Shine.

Wash: Used 2oz of DG 901 and 2oz of 4 Star Shampoo in my AG foam gun, White/Yellow Shmitt, and rinse bucket. All lower panels were pre-treated with Stoners Tarminator, which made removal of road grime so much easier. Bugs got the usual Poorboys Bug Squash and Pinnacle Safe Scrub. It was dried with the leaf blower and guzzler.

Interior: Interior was a breeze. It had Husky floor liners and carpet was perfect. So all I had to do was vacuum the carpet. The Husky's were washed with a super expensive APC I got from MotorCity Honda and then wiped down with Optimum Interior Protectant. The inside was wiped down with DP Total Interior Cleaner and protected with Optimum Protectant. As much as I like the DP Interior Surface Protectant I must admit I do like the Optimum better. I wont stop using my DP but I really like the look of the Optimum. Door Jambs got DG 951/AW combo.

Trim: Got the usual Poorboys Trim Restorer and bumpers got Stoners Trim Shine

Truck Bed Cover: This thing looked gray instead of black. I cleaned it with MS APC first, then washed it with the foam gun mixture. After it was dried I wiped it down twice with Poorboys Trim Restorer and it looked brand new again.

Paint: I decided to go with the DG 501 with a green LC CCS pad via the PC @ speed 5. Man does the DG 501 do some great cleaning or what. After the DG 501 I decided to put on some RMG before the LSP. You know I really don't like doing interiors much and if it is in great shape and I have to do very little to it I like to do a little something extra to the outside so this time it was RMG. I put it on with a gray LC CCS pad via the PC @ speed 3. Next up was 4 Star Ultimate Paint Protection Sealant. I put it on with a blue LC pad via the PC @ speed 3. DG 501 and RMG were buffed off with a Cobra Deluxe Jr and 4 Star UPP was buffed off with a Cobra Indigo. Although this truck was big it was really very easy to do because just a lot of long straight panels. Here are the before and afters:

Signature Shot:

Post Thanks / Like
    Wolfpacker keep steppin' your game up!! That thing is beautiful in the sun!! Awesome job as always.

Post Thanks / Like
    man imma tell you what, i need you to come to youngsville and do my truck.

Have you tried any other Majestic Products? I am in love with their Poly-Pro dressing.
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive/Marine Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Everytime I see a detail, I'm always looking at detailed engine
    And this one came out just beautiful. Very nice job on the whole truck!
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow that blue looks awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by trhland View Post
    hes the one that asked what kind of sham poop does paul dalton use
    Quote Originally Posted by makdaddy626 View Post
    Klumzy, do you think there would be any of issues if you used "shampoop" + wax? j/k couldn't resist.
    Quote Originally Posted by makdaddy626 View Post
    Might be a perfect time to try out Klumzy's "Shampoop" on carpet.

Post Thanks / Like
    You have that chevy looking sweet. Awesome blue color.....Love the hood shot...

Post Thanks / Like
    Wolfy I love that whole detail, especially the rims and tire shot!!! Fantsatic!! You need to tell Ole' boy to get some fender flares! Love that blue!

Post Thanks / Like
    Truck looks great!! I like the engine detail picture and was very impressed with the look of the wheels.

I would love to own a vehicle such as this.
    cwcad

Do What You Say....Say What You Do!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life's details

Post Thanks / Like
    it looks really great...nice work

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, excellent!

The truck looks superb, you made that color shine and reflect just amazing!

I too love surf city tire shine, and I think it was another one of your posts I read that said to put it in a spritz bottle, it works great like that and a foam applicator.

Im getting the SF glass cleaner this week too, and now after reading this I will be looking to pick up the beyond steel.

Again great work man!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast