autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How long will my cart "keep"...

without purchasing before it empties itself? I was building a healthy cart and when I went in there today it was empty. I know I have my "wishlist" to keep track of things I want but was hoping to build a cart and order when ready??
    2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic Bright Silver
    2018 Ford F150 Xlt Sport 4X4 Magnetic Grey

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How long will my cart "keep"...

mine disappears every couple days, stopped building one for that reason

Post Thanks / Like

It should never disapear unless you delete your cookies. Keep the items there, I do the same. Honestly with online shopping you can take your time with it, a store it feels like I'm rushed to buy something or make a less educated decision on purchasing. Next on my cart is two coatings once I figure out which one to go with Ill hit that checkout button.

Post Thanks / Like

has happened multiple times and without deleting cookies, maybe it is the browser I use(chrome) have no idea

Post Thanks / Like

Is it possible your computer is set to delete cookies after so many hours??
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

I use Firefox and have not had that problem. I had the opposite problem, in fact. I had put some things in my cart one day, then came back several days later to complete the purchase. Unfortunately I forgot I had already put a 32 oz. M205 in my cart and added it again without noticing now it said 2 quantity. I was trying to stay within a certain amount and pared down things one by one to get down to the amount. Received my shipment and saw two bottles of M205. Of course if I had been intending to spend that much on M205 I would have spent a little more and just bought the gallon. Oops. I pay closer attention to quantities now. But, all that to say, I've never had a problem with the cart emptying in Firefox.
    Lydia's Mobile Detailing
    Professional Detailing since 2007
    Green 1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 & Silver 2007 Honda ST1300

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the replies. I use firefox and do not manually delete any cookies. Have to look into of it is being done auto.
    2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic Bright Silver
    2018 Ford F150 Xlt Sport 4X4 Magnetic Grey

Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't you think companies would not want your cart to stay loaded. Many use real time numbers for inventory so if 1000 people had an item in their cart for days it would mean they want it. Then the computer would pick up on that and send an order to the manufacturer that they need more inventory. It could be shipped to the vendor and then even if 1/2 of the people backed out of the cart now the vendor is overstocked on an item they may not want to have that much of. That's why they have a wish list and then you can move the item from there when you are ready to purchase it.
    2011 Compass Latitude Bright Silver/ 2017 Nissan Rogue SV AWD Premium Glacier White
    REFLECTIVE IMAGE DETAILING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WAXOFF View Post
    Wouldn't you think companies would not want your cart to stay loaded. Many use real time numbers for inventory so if 1000 people had an item in their cart for days it would mean they want it. Then the computer would pick up on that and send an order to the manufacturer that they need more inventory. It could be shipped to the vendor and then even if 1/2 of the people backed out of the cart now the vendor is overstocked on an item they may not want to have that much of. That's why they have a wish list and then you can move the item from there when you are ready to purchase it.
    Depends how they track inventory; in many cases inventory is not relieved until order is processed. Once the order is accepted after someone actually hits 'Checkout' button and completes order, possibly assigned an interim status like 'assigned' and when shipped actually is removed from inventory. Mere items in a cart likely ignored by inventory systems until some kinda definite Y or N action committed to.

But who really knows aside from the AG folks.

Post Thanks / Like

I started logging out of facebook before coming to the forum and since then have been able to get on the forum without any problems and have had a cart keep the items in it on the store page for three days straight, think I figured out my problem. strange though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast