autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Got my first Rupes!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    The 6" RUPES pads are not that much larger than 5.5" pads it's really no big deal.

The pads work great with the chemicals and the system rocks!

I echo this above.

Have a look at my last thread amazing results with rupes zephir.

To say that pad and compound blew me away is a understatement.

Another fav of mine is the megs mf pads with d300.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kwwhite1 View Post
    I finally upgraded from my two year old HF DA to the lhr15, being an amateur I figured it would be good to learn on this and get the 21 mk2 later down the road and I couldn't pass up on the deal I got. All I can say is WOW! This thing is amazing compared to my old DA. The power, smoothness, overall feel,and the list goes on is on a whole different level from what I was used to. Only regret is waiting this long! Only thing left is to upgrade the pads I am using. I was wondering if anyone can recommend some good pads? I currently have cg hexlogic 5.5 pads but have been told the Rupes may delaminate them? I would like to stick to 5.5 inch pads if possible. Thank you all for any feedback and for the Rupes posts which influenced me in buying it!
    Go with the Rupes pads, it's a system and it works best with their pads. With the 20% sale going on now I'd stock up. They are high quality and if properly cared for will last along time.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear you're stoked on your LHR15... its personally my favorite tool in the line as well. The 21 gets all the headlines, but you'll find a lot of our staff reaching for the 15 more often than not.

The 6" RUPES pads are not that much larger than 5.5" pads it's really no big deal.

Thank you Mike! Echoing what others have said, the RUPES Bigfoot approach is a system, not just a tool. The pads have very specific weight, size, and composition for a reason - and thats to optimize the stroke of the tool while minimizing vibration. Its funny, we've found that our pads actually balance out some of the knockoffs better than their own pads do

You can toss any pad you want on there and it'll work great to be honest, but you won't be enjoying the full benefit of having bought a Bigfoot tool without the rest of the system.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone for the great advice! I purchased the blue and yellow microfiber pads with the matching polishes. I will post when I get a chance to use them, I have been going nonstop with the 15 since getting it and have done 3 cars now and cant wait to do more with the new products I ordered.

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan@RUPES View Post
    Glad to hear you're stoked on your LHR15... its personally my favorite tool in the line as well. The 21 gets all the headlines, but you'll find a lot of our staff reaching for the 15 more often than not.

Thank you Mike! Echoing what others have said, the RUPES Bigfoot approach is a system, not just a tool. The pads have very specific weight, size, and composition for a reason - and thats to optimize the stroke of the tool while minimizing vibration. Its funny, we've found that our pads actually balance out some of the knockoffs better than their own pads do

You can toss any pad you want on there and it'll work great to be honest, but you won't be enjoying the full benefit of having bought a Bigfoot tool without the rest of the system.
    Any particular reason you prefer the 15? Beside it being better In tighter spaces.

Or the 5.5 6 inch pads ?

Post Thanks / Like

Mike is 100% correct. This is what you're looking at around the perimeter of the pad. I couldn't even get an overhead shot to show the overhang of the blue pad.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Got my first Rupes!-1448498333253-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kwwhite1 View Post
    Thank you everyone for the great advice! I purchased the blue and yellow microfiber pads with the matching polishes. I will post when I get a chance to use them, I have been going nonstop with the 15 since getting it and have done 3 cars now and cant wait to do more with the new products I ordered.
    Awesome! That's what I started with, but added the yellow foam, then finally the blue foam.

Even with just those two options, you can cover a lot of ground.

With their microfiber pads, I recommend using a seperate microfiber towel to clean them instead of the pad brush. That's if you don't have compressed air..

Post Thanks / Like

Do the blue and, or yellow pads clean up alright on the fly with a pad brush?

I do most of my work mobile and do not carry an air compressor. I have been interested in micro fiber pads too but have also avoided because of the need for air to clean them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantilgh View Post
    Do the blue and, or yellow pads clean up alright on the fly with a pad brush?

I do most of my work mobile and do not carry an air compressor. I have been interested in micro fiber pads too but have also avoided because of the need for air to clean them.
    Try a microfiber towel. The pad brush fluff the fibers back up, but struggles to remove the residue. If used too aggressively, the pad brush can pull a lot of the fibers out of the pad - which isn't an experience you want to have.

The microfiber towel usually does a very nice job pulling off the residue.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks dlc95, I think I'll finally pick some of these pads up here soon. Was thinking about the low pros but might as well go with what these others are trying to emulate.

I have the Duetto and tried out Optimum's micro fiber cut and polish pads. They have a small but soft foam interface and I think the Duetto, or my inexperience, is to much for them. The Rupes seem to look a bit sturdier and am sure the cooling slots would also help keep them cooler.

Do you switch BPs when going from the foam to micro fiber?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast