autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Best Menzerna 1 Step Polish

What would be a better 1 step polish
    SIP or 203
    Right now my go to combo is m105, 203, and 106, would m105, sip, and 106 be a better combo. I know I will find this out depending upon the car I'm detailing, and which test spot removes more scratches. But, I would like other peoples opinions. Im not a noob at detailing, I own my on detail company. I just want to know what would generally yield better results.

Our website is in progress if you'd like check it out, and tell me what you think.
    (No I am not trying to advertise)

Thanks, Connor

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Menzerna 1 Step Polish

I'd have to say 203 since it finishes down a little better. It would be hard for me to use SIP on most paints without following it up with a lesser polish. Both are great and have their place in my arsenal.
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite combo is M105/M205/Menz PO85RD using a DA. But to answer your question based on my experience, PO203 (Power Finish) is an excellent Menzerna 1 step polish. Keep in mind, by changing your pads you can have different cutting ability with M105, just ask Asphalt Rocket.
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    My favorite combo is M105/M205/Menz PO85RD using a DA. But to answer your question based on my experience, PO203 (Power Finish) is an excellent Menzerna 1 step polish. Keep in mind, by changing your pads you can have different cutting ability with M105, just ask Asphalt Rocket.
    Shade Tree Auto Detailing
    Austin, Texas & surrounding areas

Post Thanks / Like

it would all depend on the vehicle you are working on. Like this past weekend I had a Quad Cab F150 (white) construction truck, just wanted it cleaned up. So Orange Pad and SIP and IW845 to follow up, brought some gloss back and cleaned up some swirls. Not Perfect by anyone's definention but it looked 100% better.

I used SIP, but after talking with Mike Phillips on this in greater detail on Monday or Tuesday, I'd go with M105 as a 1 step on a DA with a white pad from now on, especially if its a lighter color. But I'd Like to try 203, its on my to order list along with M105.

Post Thanks / Like

PO203 is really the only polish by Menzerna that's intended to be a true one-step. Others CAN be used as a one-step on certain paints, but PO203 will cut mildly and finish down nicely on more paints than any other Menzerna polish.

For example, some people might like PO106FA as a good one-step on soft paints, but using something like SIP as a one-step on a soft finish will leave hazing behind. On the contrary, if you're dealing with hard paint, SIP makes a great one-step and finishes down great, while PO106FA won't do a whole lot. So, it really boils down to what you're working on.

Post Thanks / Like

When I do a single step polish I always factor in how bad the finish is starting out.

If hitting it with a more agressive polish (that doesn't finish off perfect) will clean it up better than a lighter polish that finishes off very well then obviously the end result of the agressive polish will be better.

You have to find a compromise between cut and finish.

With that said, I have done single step polishes with both M105 and Menzerna SIP and both times the owners were thrilled with the results (sure, it wasn't cleaned up 100%, but MAN was it better than how it started).
    Shawn
    Houston Area Mobile Detailing
    www.FinalTouchAutoDetail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matt@autogeek.net View Post
    PO203 is really the only polish by Menzerna that's intended to be a true one-step. Others CAN be used as a one-step on certain paints, but PO203 will cut mildly and finish down nicely on more paints than any other Menzerna polish.

For example, some people might like PO106FA as a good one-step on soft paints, but using something like SIP as a one-step on a soft finish will leave hazing behind. On the contrary, if you're dealing with hard paint, SIP makes a great one-step and finishes down great, while PO106FA won't do a whole lot. So, it really boils down to what you're working on.
    Very well said, Matt.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

i use SIP with an ornage pad and it comes out GREAT!!! i use it as a 1 step on cars with more swirls.

i used it on the achieva as a 1 step.

1995 Oldsmobile Achieva S
    17 Tucson | 2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium PP | 89 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10

@TheRealPolisher on FaceBook | @green2kgt on IG

Post Thanks / Like

203S or 106FA depending on swirls for one step.
    I do tend to finish with 85RD though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast