autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

2 paragraph Nanoskin fine Autoscrub pad review

I've clayed cars, didn't hate it, but it took awhile and wore my arm out a little. A year down the road I bought a Nanoskin Sponge, it was like magic, so much easier & faster than clay. Today I used my 6" Autoscrub pad for the 1st time with my new Griots BOSS G15. WOW, the jump from the sponge felt as big as when I went from clay to the sponge. Pad seemed a little bit for the 5" BP, I want to get the 6" BP and see how it works. I had it on speed 1, no pressure what-so-ever. I used Glide and was able to do the hood of a 2014 Corolla in about a minute and a half. I used it on the window for a few minutes 1st to break it in like they suggest. I don't know how long it takes to break in it lol.

I LOVE this thing, it's not even expensive when you consider you can do something like 40-50 cars with 1 of them. But even if they cost 2x and only did half as many cars I wouldn't dream of going back to Clay. I think the smoothness of the G15 definitely helped. I knew these would be better than Clay, but I was still blown away at how quick I did Car's white, I looked around and didn't see any marring.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2 paragraph Nanoskin fine Autoscrub pad review

Nice write up. Clay alternatives are amazing and the Autoscrub is my favorite one, by far. The Autoscrub 6" pads with the Autoscrub towels will basically cover all of your bases.
    2005 Honda S2000 | 2008 Acura MDX | 2015 Honda Fit EX

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Re: 2 paragraph Nanoskin fine Autoscrub pad review

Maybe its just me, but I for one will never use a machine to do surface decontamination. For me it just takes too much time to keep putting down and picking up the machine. Also, you really feel at one when doing this procedure, its truly a "hands on" experience.

That said, I'm sure your review has inspired someone to go and try this out and at the end of the day, there's going to be one more better looking, better maintained car out there
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    I've clayed cars, didn't hate it, but it took awhile and wore my arm out a little. A year down the road I bought a Nanoskin Sponge, it was like magic, so much easier & faster than clay. Today I used my 6" Autoscrub pad for the 1st time with my new Griots BOSS G15. WOW, the jump from the sponge felt as big as when I went from clay to the sponge. Pad seemed a little bit for the 5" BP, I want to get the 6" BP and see how it works. I had it on speed 1, no pressure what-so-ever. I used Glide and was able to do the hood of a 2014 Corolla in about a minute and a half. I used it on the window for a few minutes 1st to break it in like they suggest. I don't know how long it takes to break in it lol.

I LOVE this thing, it's not even expensive when you consider you can do something like 40-50 cars with 1 of them. But even if they cost 2x and only did half as many cars I wouldn't dream of going back to Clay. I think the smoothness of the G15 definitely helped. I knew these would be better than Clay, but I was still blown away at how quick I did Car's white, I looked around and didn't see any marring.
    If you think the 6" pad is fast and easy you have to try the wash mitt and bubble bath

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Maybe its just me, but I for one will never use a machine to do surface decontamination. For me it just takes too much time to keep putting down and picking up the machine. Also, you really feel at one when doing this procedure, its truly a "hands on" experience.
    I too like the hands-on experience. I use clay mitts and like how I can feel the decontamination happening directly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by austinz View Post
    I too like the hands-on experience. I use clay mitts and like how I can feel the decontamination happening directly.
    2 paragraph Nanoskin fine Autoscrub pad review 2 paragraph Nanoskin fine Autoscrub pad review 2 paragraph Nanoskin fine Autoscrub pad review

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

That said, I'm sure your review has inspired someone to go and try this out and at the end of the day, there's going to be one more better looking, better maintained car out there
    I'm sure my technique's bad here, but I sprayed down half the hood and didn't pick up the polisher until I was finished. And I don't see why I couldn't engage the trigger lock on the G15 and with the buffer in 1 hand and Glide in the other do the entire car without having to really ever lift the polisher up. I don't think the Nanoskin has to be cleaned randomly like Clay. BUT... I should probably look into that lol. I get why you want to feel the process. I like letting the polisher dance on it's own and BOOM everything's gone. Prior her paint, you could hear it when you rubbed it. after a few seconds it was slick and made no noise when rubbed.

Hummm to anyone in the know, one handed polishing without lifting while I spray ahead, is this good technique here? Seems like with that I could do a regular sized car in around 10 minutes.

Post Thanks / Like

The thing is though, when doing surface decontamination you not only feel when your done but you can HEAR IT as well and when using the machine both things are eliminated, just how it is.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Good point Klasse.

Post Thanks / Like

I recently went from traditional clay to the fine sponge and I'm NEVER going back!!.... it's soo much faster and easier, and I agree with klasse about being able to feel/hear when u start clearing up the contaminants.... plus it's awesome not ever having to worry about dropping it on the ground
    2010 Candy White Volkswagen CC - 170k and counting DD
    2006 DSOM C6 z06 - 22k miles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast