autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Product review: DP Foamaster, DP Xtereme Foam Shampoo, Pinnacle Clear Coat Safe Wheel Cleaner

Greetings fellow Geeks!

Now that I live in a "warmer" weather during winter, I can actually review some products in my down time.

Today`s review consists of:

DP Foam Cannon
    DP Xtreme Foam Shampoo
    Pinnacle Clear Coat Safe Wheel Cleaner

Note: I am primarily a rinse less wash guy. I have never really been a fan of the whole "foam gun" craze. But I figure why not try it out since I my move from Upstate NY.

Note 2: I received the Pinnacle Wheel Cleaner free with some wheel brushes I purchased early last year.

Test Subject: 2011 Toyota Sienna. It is my daily driver and mobile rig. It is polished and coated with CQ UK, C.A.R. Bulletproof (Dead now), Duragloss Enviroshield, & Optimum Gloss Coat.

I recently put around 2k miles on it over a month traveling home to Louisiana for the holidays and a mobile detailing trip to SC. It was washed and detailed before the trip. However; drove through a lot of rain.

Initial foaming:

After about 5 minutes of dwell time:

After the foam had sat for 5 minutes, I went ahead and fully rinsed off and moved to the wheels.

I did not get any before pics, but here is where I fell in love with this product:

It foams and sticks very well!! This was after 4 or 5 minutes of dwell time. The wheels were sealed with Hydr02 in September before my move, so I figured there was little to no protection left. Check out the wheel brush:

See the foam? I have not seen a foaming wheel cleaner that stays this "foamy" since I reviewed EcoTouch Wheel Cleaner for Autogeek.

After I cleaned the wheels and tires, I moved on to washing. I used CarPro HydroFoam in a bottle, microfiber mitt, and a bucket w/ grit guard to rinse mitt. I used 32 oz of mixed solution. I went heavy!

Finished product:

Little beading action:

After thoughts:

I am still not totally sold on the whole foam thing. However; I do see where I will be able to use this and will use it again in the future.

Pinnacle Clear Coat safe wheel cleaner is a great product, though pricy imo. Ill keep it and use here and there for soft black painted wheels and other super soft finishes.

Happy Detailing!!!

Carolinas Finest Detailing
    Facebook.com/CarolinasFinestDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product review: DP Foamaster, DP Xtereme Foam Shampoo, Pinnacle Clear Coat Safe Wheel Cleaner

Is the Pinnacle wheel cleaner you refer to this one:
    Pinnacle Gel Wheel Cleaner will give you dazzling results on your wheels, tires, and bumpers!

If so, did you use it straight (concentrated) or did you dilute?

Just curious as I received 64 ounces of it today and dying to try it out. I did notice when opening the bottle today, unlike most Pinnacle products which have a very pleasant smell, this product had a noticeable industrial smell to it - not a problem and not a complaint - just an observation. Seeing as I wash my car once a week, the wheels never really get very dirty, hence I will likely dilute 1:3.

Many thanks!
    ScottH

Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product review: DP Foamaster, DP Xtereme Foam Shampoo, Pinnacle Clear Coat Safe Wheel Cleaner

No. What I have says "Clear Coat Safe Wheel Cleaner." Im using it straight.