autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eagle One Surface Prep Mitt...Amazing

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    be careful with it, i went a little to hard with it and it marred the s h i t out of my paint. i wish i would have had the nanoskin or even used regular clay. im not going to use it again ill get the good one or just regular clay
    I thought regular clay mar the paint also??? And I thought Nanoskin is the same tech type as this Eagle One Mitt?

Post Thanks / Like

We don't have an AAP here. The closest one is about 30 miles away,and they have two of them in that town. I would've driven over last weekend to look for one of the EO mitts,but we had tornadic weather forecasted and I didn't want to get out in it.

I have cabin fever really bad so we're going to get out for a bit today,and I'm going to look for the Eagle One mitt. I hope they still have them! I noticed it has disappeared from their website. Hopefully,that's because it's on clearance.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used the Eagle One mitt and as stated by in previous threads it marred the heck out of my hood. Since the weather has turned cold I'll have to live with the marring until the weather changes. I going to try the Mothers Speed Clay 2.0 in the spring. Has anyone tried Mothers Speed Clay 2.0?

Post Thanks / Like

honestly stick with regular clay if ur only doing one car

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know (hello AG) is the Eagle One and the Nanoskin are made from the same material? Since AG sells them they should know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Does anyone know (hello AG) is the Eagle One and the Nanoskin are made from the same material? Since AG sells them they should know.
    i dont think we sell the eagle one mitt, from what ive heard the nanoskin has a much thicker coating of rubber

Post Thanks / Like

I'm on my second one now and am very satisfied with these "lesser" mitts.

I use a medium Nanoskin autoscrub disk with a DA for any severe contamination or overspray.

Post Thanks / Like

I have one and it works fairly well. It's a "fine" grade relative to others. It works fine, but on cars that get exposed to a lot of rain it usually takes multiple passes to the paint smooth. On the roughest areas it can take many passes. So it's slower compared to the Nanoskin medium, which I prefer. I only get marring when I use too much pressure. It transfers that gritty feeling really well so you know when it's done.

Also not sure about the longevity. I've done maybe 5 full cars with mine and it seems like it's slowing down quite a bit. Not a bad deal at all relative to clay, but it's not 50 cars.

Good idea about turning clay mitts inside out to store - no idea why I never thought of this.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Frank70 View Post
    I've used the Eagle One mitt and as stated by in previous threads it marred the heck out of my hood. Since the weather has turned cold I'll have to live with the marring until the weather changes. I going to try the Mothers Speed Clay 2.0 in the spring. Has anyone tried Mothers Speed Clay 2.0?
    you have to use it on glass to take the protective coating off. I forgot to do it and it beat the dog out of my car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RippyD View Post
    I have one and it works fairly well. It's a "fine" grade relative to others. It works fine, but on cars that get exposed to a lot of rain it usually takes multiple passes to the paint smooth. On the roughest areas it can take many passes. So it's slower compared to the Nanoskin medium, which I prefer. I only get marring when I use too much pressure. It transfers that gritty feeling really well so you know when it's done.

Also not sure about the longevity. I've done maybe 5 full cars with mine and it seems like it's slowing down quite a bit. Not a bad deal at all relative to clay, but it's not 50 cars.

Good idea about turning clay mitts inside out to store - no idea why I never thought of this.
    Try cleaning it off like with a tooth brush or something?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast